Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hmmm.. my photo is 1.08mb and uploaded just fine.

and is a picture of yet another fabulous sunset taken from in front of my house over Christmas :D

:o...WOW...that is amazingly beautiful and it opened just fine with me; don't know what's wrong with the other photo as Mark Wolfe uploaded the photo but can't be opened;

LaoPo

If I click on the photo.....""Sorry, an error occurred""...

Welcome to your site....

I'll try it again...

I get the error message on both too. It's a 640 by 480 jpg and shouldn't have any problems...evidence that the thumbnail shows fine. Look carefully at the text in the thumb and you can see what I was refering to. "Come as a guest, leave as a family"

There is something hinky about the whole photo uploading on this board anyway. I have had many instances of not being able to upload a photo at all.

Hi Mark,

Maybe you should shorten the .jpg name, that could help? Do not know the answer, but try it and see if it works.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Hmmm.. my photo is 1.08mb and uploaded just fine.

and is a picture of yet another fabulous sunset taken from in front of my house over Christmas :o

Lovely photo "sbk", thank you.

1.08mb a tad too big for our dial-up folk.

May one help, Re-sized.

post-3770-1231160431_thumb.jpg

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

If I click on the photo.....""Sorry, an error occurred""...

Welcome to your site....

I'll try it again...

I get the error message on both too. It's a 640 by 480 jpg and shouldn't have any problems...evidence that the thumbnail shows fine. Look carefully at the text in the thumb and you can see what I was refering to. "Come as a guest, leave as a family"

There is something hinky about the whole photo uploading on this board anyway. I have had many instances of not being able to upload a photo at all.

Hi Mark,

Maybe you should shorten the .jpg name, that could help? Do not know the answer, but try it and see if it works.

Sorry my wrong :D

Yours truly,

Hi Mark,

Did you use the "Preview Post" button to check if the photo that you posted worked? :D

I did in the post above before posting. Thanks to "sbk's" photo that I re-sized. :o

Yours truly,

Hi Mark,

Did you use the "Preview Post" button to check if the photo that you posted worked? :D

I did in the post above before posting. Thanks to "sbk's" photo that I re-sized. :o

Yours truly,

Sorry Kan, normally I do resize smaller but thought perhaps maybe Mark's pics were big and that was the difficulty so left it at a larger size to see if it made a difference. It did not.

Hi Mark,

I did in the post above before posting. Thanks to "sbk's" photo that I re-sized. :D

Yours truly,

Sorry Kan, normally I do resize smaller but thought perhaps maybe Mark's pics were big and that was the difficulty so left it at a larger size to see if it made a difference. It did not.

Personally, I liked you large sized photo SBK; I even "stole" it and it enlightens my screen now as a screensaver :o

I was offered € 5.000 the other day by a friend who wanted to make posters from that picture but I'm waiting for a better offer :D

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ew Jose. I did not need to see that photo :o

Gee, and I thought it would make a nice advertising poster... "Let it all hang out at KPG".

Big A has had a few gems over the years. I wonder if the "pressing of the advertising" also applies to the transparent kind...

Has anyone seen the "gasooline for rent" sign about? How about "bike for rant" and "bike for Rene"?

Pity the "Land for Seal" sign is gone.

Hi Mark,

Did you use the "Preview Post" button to check if the photo that you posted worked? :P

Well did you ? :D after my post :o

The photo in question is 174mb and is 640 by 480, and was renamed. The second, from yesterday, is 2.52mb and is 5270 by 2171.

Jeessssss glad you did not post the "The photo in question is 174mb" :D in that size..........

Re your Panaoramic photo (The second one) - very nice (btw) for printing 2.52 mb's, 8' x 18' or so, but looking at it on a computer screen makes really no sense at all, much better if you re-size it. :D say 1000 x ...

For an example:-

large.jpg

size 800 x 279

and then at 6089 x 2123 size

original.jpg

"recompressed" btw to 704,850 bytes (704kb) otherwise it would have be as large as your panoramic photo.

For Printing Pano's I use ( .tiff ) at about 17mb to 24mb size, and they come out really great.

Hope this helps you all. :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :wai:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...