Pattaya City to expedite Jomtien Beach expansion project

snoop1130

jomtienbeach3-696x392.jpg

The Marine Department of Chonburi is planning, in conjunction with relevant agencies and officials, to move forward the timeline for the Jomtien Beach expansion after what they call the success of the project so far on Southern Na Jomtien Beach.

We have covered the expansion of the beach for some time here at TPN media, in which sand was added to the heavily eroded area of the beach near popular seafood restaurants on South Jomtien Beach. The project has been regarded by Na Jomtien municipality officials as a success, stating that many people, especially at night, are now enjoying the beach and the area which previously was essentially completely eroded.

In fact, some parts of the newly expanded beach have become a bit too popular as local restaurants have moved services onto the beach, which isn’t without controversy due to the sensitive issue of encroachment. Read here for more about this.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/07/pattaya-city-to-expedite-jomtien-beach-expansion-project-plans-to-complete-middle-portion-of-jomtien-beach-by-high-season-this-year/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

I went for a ride last week, they've completed work from the end of Jomtien Beach (Na Jomtien) to soi 17. 

Amazing how much sand they had to move, it looks great. It looks like there's a plateau of sand to the horizon.

I'm sure a restaurant will claim some of the land as their own, I hope they do the right thing and keep it clean. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Thai style, move in on the beach so beach-goers have to pay for every service.

The beach should be designated free from vendors.

For  a while parts of it were designated no lounger areas.. whatever happened to that policy?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Yes of course, they need to do some land creation in front of  the Waterfront property because, at the moment, it's build too close to the sea. Which is against regulations.

New land comes, so the sea is further away .... Tommy Cooper couldn't have done better. LMAO

The Waterfront project is in Pattaya, not Jomtien and construction was not stopped because it was too close to the water.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, newnative said:

The Waterfront project is in Pattaya, not Jomtien and construction was not stopped because it was too close to the water.

You got me there, maybe wrong reporting? By me. 555 Not the main reason but it was still the case ... that it is too close to the water.

I took a ride to a beach in Rayong last week.  There, rather than extending the beach way out, they built a series of "T" shaped breakwaters out of large boulders about 100 meters out from the beach. 

Seems like a better way of beach preservation but time will tell. 

15 hours ago, dddave said:

I took a ride to a beach in Rayong last week.  There, rather than extending the beach way out, they built a series of "T" shaped breakwaters out of large boulders about 100 meters out from the beach. 

Seems like a better way of beach preservation but time will tell. 

Need to keep the oil off the beach too down there.