Regarding Thai Pass and Insurance Requirements

nice2noya

Hello everyone,

I'm about to make a trip from Thailand to USA in early May and return on May 19th.

I'm working on the Thai Pass application and have a question.

On the list of documents and requirements they ask for proof of Health Insurance with coverage of $20,000 USD.

I have Pacific Cross insurance with high coverages BUT, I'm wondering if the "Thai Insurance" I was forced to purchase when I renewed my Retirement Visa last June would satisfy this requirement?

I paid for this "Insurance" only because I couldn't get my Retirement Visa renewed without it.

It is issued by "Bangkok Insurance Public Company Limited" and even the guy who issued it to me at Immigration said it was not worth much.

Anybody know for a fact that I could use this for my Thai Pass application?

(It would be nice to get something back for the 3000 baht I was forced to pay. haha)

Before the obvious question is asked, "Why didn't I use my expensive Pacific Cross Insurance to satisfy the Retirement Visa requirement??"

Answer: I was told by Immigration that because my Retirement Visa expired in June of 2021, and my Pacific Cross Insurance was to be renewed in August 2021, they, (Immigration), had no way to know I WOULD renew my own insurance so I HAD to buy their "Insurance". 

Good answer and a very creative way to get another 3000 baht from me. haha

So, does someone know if I can use this "Thai Insurance" for my Thai Pass application?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Edited by nice2noya
  • Like 1

Wow!

Good observation.

Well, that answers my question as the "Thai Insurance" is only good for a max of 10,000 baht of coverage.

What a waste of money.

Didn't want to renew my personal insurance with Pacific Cross until I was sure I could successfully renew my Retirement Visa....but...you make a valid point.

Thank you!