Does the Thai consulate in Ho Chi Minh city still issue one year visas?

22 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Vietnam is supposed to be opening next week.

Yes, supposed to, but they can't make up their minds about the how exactly. Tourism authorities want to fully reopen, Department of health wants a conditional partial reopening, resulting in the usual Vietnamese dithering. Nobody is issuing Tourist visas yet. Embassies don't have a clue yet if and when they can issue visas again. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Yes, supposed to, but they can't make up their minds about the how exactly. Tourism authorities want to fully reopen, Department of health wants a conditional partial reopening, resulting in the usual Vietnamese dithering. Nobody is issuing Tourist visas yet. Embassies don't have a clue yet if and when they can issue visas again. 

Sounds familiar ????.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jphasia said:

I am due to go back to Thailand in May. I might try again with the 1 year multiple.

The embassies and consulates that were issuing multiple entry non-o visas before only did them based upon marriage. They would only do a single entry non-o for being the parent of a Thai.

Penang was issuing the multiple entry non-o visa for being the parent of a Thai if you had proof of 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassies and consulates that were issuing multiple entry non-o visas before only did them based upon marriage. They would only do a single entry non-o for being the parent of a Thai.

Penang was issuing the multiple entry non-o visa for being the parent of a Thai if you had proof of 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

Yes, i used to read that too. The thing for me is before Vietnam, I have been working 7 years in Myanmar and I got the 1 year multi every years from the Thai Embassy in Yangoon without any specific requirements (just explaining that I was working in Myanmar and had to go and back very frequently to Thailand to visit my son). They never asked me bank statments...only the birth certificate of my son. I am also divorced with his mum. So probably lucky. 

I got my last non O multi in November 2019, even my son was over 21 years old (there are been always confusion for me about the maximum age of the kid).

Then Covid came and I was in Thailand unable to cross the border every 90 days as required for this type of visa. Anyway, I was under the special covid exemption.

In October 2020, I left to Vietnam due to the Covid situation, I didn't focus of Thai visa due to travel restriction. I was even thinking that I should go for the route of 90 days non O with extention now with this difficult time of travel restrictions.

In October 2021, as I decided to go back to Thailand, i decided to enquire anyway for Non O multi, either based on my son or retired as I am over 50. But the answer for any of these options were negative and the only option was 90 days Non O.

I am fine with this option but the only issue is that I rarely have the time to proceed the extension when I am back to Thailand.

I am also concerned that as it's getter easier again to travel and I might come back more regularly to Thailand for short period (maybe every month or 2), if i keep doing it on Visa exempt, I might be flag at the immigration.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2022 at 8:50 AM, ubonjoe said:

So now my friend got the Non O from the embassy in Rome so can he renew it at neighboring country as he does not want to show the money 

25 minutes ago, drronnie said:

So now my friend got the Non O from the embassy in Rome so can he renew it at neighboring country as he does not want to show the money 

He could apply for another non-o visa in some neighboring countries now. Since May 1st some have opened their borders,

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He could apply for another non-o visa in some neighboring countries now. Since May 1st some have opened their borders,

So is it possible to get back to back non O (single entry) ongoing?

I mean opt not to obtain 12 month extension and just apply for new non O.

I often wondered how the consulate (eg Saigon) would sit with this. 

No problem? 

Edited by DrJack54

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So is it possible to get back to back non O (single entry) ongoing?

Some were issuing back to back single entry non-o visas before.

Vientiane if recall correctly were doing them back to back.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bumping this one to see if anyone has recently acquired a one-year , multiple-entry Non-O based on marriage at the RTC in Ho Chi Minh City.

There was a recent post confirming they are issuing them.

37 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bumping this one to see if anyone has recently acquired a one-year , multiple-entry Non-O based on marriage at the RTC in Ho Chi Minh City.

I got my 12mth M/E Non O for marriage in HCMC in October 2022. I did my online booking via the consulate's website 2 weeks in advance and followed their document requirements. All went smoothly, with approval received the next day.

Edited by mark5335
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mark5335 said:

I got my 12mth M/E Non O for marriage in HCMC in October 2022. I did my online booking via the consulate's website 2 weeks in advance and followed their document requirements. All went smoothly, with approval received the next day.

Good update thanks. There's only 3 visa appointment dates open in February.

What did they accept for proof of financials (if any)?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1