Converting from a retirement visa to a non-B

30 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

I do not think it is supposed to be possible. I was able to get it done through an agent here in Pattaya. She also got my WP cancelled and took care of my SS so i would remain covered.

I'm looking to go back to work, and also applying for a work permit at the same time. Seems a little bit different from your reply above. I need to move from Retirement to NON-B with work permit.

Edited by canadian

26 minutes ago, canadian said:

I'm looking to go back to work, and also applying for a work permit at the same time. Seems a little bit different from your reply above. I need to move from Retirement to NON-B with work permit.

Okay it looks like I got it backwards you want to go the other way good luck ubonjoe will know the answer

• Like 1

You can change the reason for your extension of stay based upon retirement to one for working. You cannot change to a non-b visa from a non-o while in the country.

The problem people have with changing to a extension based upon working is getting a work permit approval letter from the Department Of Employment of the Labor Minister to apply for the extension based upon working. Many work permit office will not accept the application if a person is on a extension of stay based upon retirement.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can change the reason for your extension of stay based upon retirement to one for working. You cannot change to a non-b visa from a non-o while in the country.

The problem people have with changing to a extension based upon working is getting a work permit approval letter from the Department Of Employment of the Labor Minister to apply for the extension based upon working. Many work permit office will not accept the application if a person is on a extension of stay based upon retirement.

Thank you Ubonjoe.