Is it OK to Start Test and Go Process while still in Thailand?

We have to make a border run and plan to re-enter the country after a few days. This means we have to start the Thailand Pass/Test and Go process before leaving Thailand. Is that a problem for Immigration? 

Naturally we don't want to run into problems when returning.

Thanks for any/all advice. g

• Thanks 1

You can start the Thailand Pass application before leaving the country and use the the Test & Go option to enter the country.

Immigration has nothing to do with the Thailand Pass application and it being issued. It is done by the Ministry of Foreign Affrays.

I suddenly find myself in a tight spot as well, with 2 days to figure it out... may I ask your border run plans? I am eyeing Cambodia as a possibility, as Laos still offers no open land border for entry, but have a hard time finding clear info... This is a <deleted>ty situation, considering all the hurdles still in place and they cut off a Non-O holder from the covid extension, supporting a child based on income... I dropped my guard one time and now this...   any help is appreciated

1 minute ago, VajraKilaya said:

I suddenly find myself in a tight spot as well, with 2 days to figure it out... may I ask your border run plans? I am eyeing Cambodia as a possibility, as Laos still offers no open land border for entry, but have a hard time finding clear info... This is a <deleted>ty situation, considering all the hurdles still in place and they cut off a Non-O holder from the covid extension, supporting a child based on income... I dropped my guard one time and now this...   any help is appreciated

This is to the OP or @UbonJoe, in particular... thanks guys...

I think you can start Thai pass within 60 days of entry…that means for some expats they still will be in thailand if they wish to start online process b/f they depart unless staying more than 2 months abroad…

I will do exactly that I have access to computer scanner printer at home here…

3 hours ago, VajraKilaya said:

Here's a link to the latest Laos entry info:

http://www.aseanthai.net/english/ewt_news.php?nid=4519&filename=index

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

I will do exactly that I have access to computer scanner printer at home here…

You don't need any of that, I just took a pic of all my documents on my phone and uploaded the pics ???? 

On 3/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can start the Thailand Pass application before leaving the country and use the the Test & Go option to enter the country.

Immigration has nothing to do with the Thailand Pass application and it being issued. It is done by the Ministry of Foreign Affrays.

I thought you needed the RT-PCR test results in order to apply for Thai pass?

28 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I thought you needed the RT-PCR test results in order to apply for Thai pass?

The are not required to apply for a Thailand Pass.

You have to show the results for a test done with 72 hours of departure to the airline and on arrival here.