That's not our dad! Daughters arrive at hospital to discover admin error - their dad may or may not be dead

webfact

Amazing Thailand when my dad passed away I went to the funeral home for a viewing of him in the casket who worked at the funeral home wheels up a casket and then says I’ll leave you alone for a few minutes it’s way far in the back of his big room and he opens the coffin I look at the dead person in the coffin and said hey that’s not my father he then ran around the back of the coffin and looked at the tag and said oh my mistake I’m so sorry your weights has never happened before in about 10 minutes laterHe brought the correct casket for my father’s body in it TIT

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pat contacted Bunhana's family who said that they thought their dad had died in January. He had been cremated at Wat Hong in Pathum Thani and they had never inspected him in the coffin due to Covid restrictions. 

So now they will be paying for a 2nd burning.............:omfg:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

So now they will be paying for a 2nd burning.............:omfg:

or perhaps a refund on the first, if indeed there was screw up on the body identification. I feel a large settlement to both families could ease their loss.????

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Having worked in the funeral industry, as well as being a former nurse, I fail to conceive how these mix ups could possibly occur if all procedures were followed. 

Agree, BUT subject to the existence of adequate procedures ...

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Having worked in the funeral industry, as well as being a former nurse, I fail to conceive how these mix ups could possibly occur if all procedures were followed. 

You answered your own statement... "procedures are followed"

or perhaps a refund on the first, if indeed there was screw up on the body identification. I feel a large settlement to both families could ease their loss.????

i doubt very much if the bones will have any viable DNA in them due to the destructive nature of heat; however DNA in his teeth (if he had any) will survive.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Actually it is relatively easy.  In that here the hospital received a patient and the records showed his  information.  If the home tells you it is person A then the staff will mark the person as person A.

The screw up was not at the hospital but at the  nursing home.  Staff obviously had 2 older men that were about the same age and got them confused. 

Very easy to do when you remember 3 things

1 TIT

2. people in the Nursing homes are not rocket scientists are paid more as caregivers.

Follow procedures  SEE NUMBER 1

LOL

As to dong a DNA check on the dead person for the hospital it would  be very difficult as they would not have access to the ashes.  The only people that can do the DNA check on the cremated body is the police Forensics.

But it was just an honest mistake...

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

plagerized from Monty Python. 

This isn't our dad!

Oh yes it is.

No it isn't.

Oh yes it is.

Is not.

Terribly sorry it is.

No it isn't.

Sure is.

We know our own dad.

No you don't.

We do.

You don't.

We do, we know our own dad.

Terribly sorry but you don't. 

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Even when presented with someone who wasn’t their father the nurse refused to accept fault and instead told the family they were unable to recognise their own father !!

How is it the nurse's fault?

11 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Actually it is relatively easy.  In that here the hospital received a patient and the records showed his  information.  If the home tells you it is person A then the staff will mark the person as person A.

The screw up was not at the hospital but at the  nursing home.  Staff obviously had 2 older men that were about the same age and got them confused. 

Very easy to do when you remember 3 things

1 TIT

2. people in the Nursing homes are not rocket scientists are paid more as caregivers.

Follow procedures  SEE NUMBER 1

LOL

As to dong a DNA check on the dead person for the hospital it would  be very difficult as they would not have access to the ashes.  The only people that can do the DNA check on the cremated body is the police Forensics.

And end up with the same forensics team as the “experts” used in Koh Tao.!!!????????????