Confirm 800,000฿ in bank

For my initial 90-day report after extending my one-year visa, Pattaya Immigration wants proof of continued funds in bank.

Will an updated savings passbook suffice? Or must I get a letter from my bank and submit it with a photocopy of passbook?     

I always get a letter from bank on the day I go to the Immigration I also take out 1000k on the same day to show an up to date printout of my Bank book I get the bank to print it out for me. Makes it much easier for the immigration to pass me for the next years stamp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is this now part of (first) 90-day reporting in Pattaya...!?

I don't know about this year, but we didn't have any of this in Phuket last year - never checked money after extension renewal, only 3 months before ....

Edited by Agusts

5 hours ago, whiteman said:

I always get a letter from bank on the day I go to the Immigration I also take out 1000k on the same day to show an up to date printout of my Bank book I get the bank to print it out for me. Makes it much easier for the immigration to pass me for the next years stamp.

I also needed a printed statement as well as copies of my passbook this year

• Like 1

It seems only certain people like me who don't use an agent gets this letter... For 90day bank funds.... But I have had it for the last 3 times on my 1 year extension...but never done went and showed letter .. and it didnt seem to be a problem.. when came to do the next year.... Someone told me they just throw letter in the bin. We don't get any confirmation for showing it.....and as I said people who agent don't get it... It may be the people who have to show this is people with a current account that has money going in and out all the time..just maybe?

Edited by yeahbutif

Thank you, Guys.

I'll update my passbook with a deposit and hope that suffices.

This is the first time in 20 years that I've been required to show

proof of bank balance during the initial 90-day-report visit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LarrySR said:

What happens if you don't show up? 

Obviously they can check the bankbook next year at renewal time to see if you complied. 

What happens is nothing.

I had a back forth chit chat about this with member some time ago.

Just happened he had reason to go to Jomtien next day. Perhaps 90 report, can't recall.

He put this question to imm officer.

To his credit he came back to thread and related that the io said that nothing would happen and they just look at bank book.

The requirement was always a nonsense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whiteman said:

Make sure you have 801,000 before your withdrawal!  Why not DEPOSIT Bht 100?

Sorry, others have suggested the same.

Edited by KannikaP

Well, not total nonsense. People are always trying to game the system and Immigration is trying to catch them. Those who strictly follow the rules make the rest of us pay. It also increases the burden on the immigration officers who probably would prefer that things we much easier.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

It may be the people who have to show this is people with a current account that has money going in and out all the time..just maybe?

No. I have a fixed account and don't even bother making any update before I go back to show.

I'm not in Pattaya.  But in Ratchaburi last year when I did my extension they asked me to come in with a bank letter on my next 90 day report.  This year when I did my extension they didn't say anything so I am not doing anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulDee said:

Thank you, Guys.

I'll update my passbook with a deposit and hope that suffices.

This is the first time in 20 years that I've been required to show

proof of bank balance during the initial 90-day-report visit.

I was at Jomtien today, they just want to see passport and updated passbook, i was surprised they are still asking for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

I'm not in Pattaya.  But in Ratchaburi last year when I did my extension they asked me to come in with a bank letter on my next 90 day report.  This year when I did my extension they didn't say anything so I am not doing anything.

Correct action.

1 hour ago, RickFarang said:

Well, not total nonsense. People are always trying to game the system and Immigration is trying to catch them. Those who strictly follow the rules make the rest of us pay. It also increases the burden on the immigration officers who probably would prefer that things we much easier.

No.

If not complying it shows up at next extension.

If complying whether you showed up or not for that Mickey Mouse report is a moot point!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The check after applying for a extension is not tied to doing a 90 day report. It is completely separate.

Not sure why they say 90 days since the immigration order states you have to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months not 90 days.

Is there any consequence for skipping this check as long as you are in compliance for the next extension?

We had a report from a Jomtien expat that pushed this question.

The answer.given was

NO CONSEQUENCE

Of course you are correct 90 day address reports are totally separate and indeed are required.

Edited by Jingthing

My appointment for this was scheduled for Sunday.  I went in there and talked to the young Thai assistant at Counter 8 and he told me to come on Monday.

You can't come before.  Bankbook update must be after, as well.  This form was given to me when I renewed the Retirement extension in December.   No mention of a bank letter.

800000.jpg

4 hours ago, Agusts said:

Is this now part of (first) 90-day reporting in Pattaya...!?

I don't know about this year, but we didn't have any of this in Phuket last year - never checked money after extension renewal, only 3 months before ....

Definitely not required in Phuket.  Some have reported it's required in Pattaya but there appear to be no consequences for failure to comply.  Compliance with the terms of your retirement extension can be determined when you apply for next year's extension, so the the 90 day check is essentially redundant and unnecessary.

Edited by skatewash

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

Definitely not required in Phuket.  Some have reported it's required in Pattaya but there appear to be no consequences for failure to comply.

Correct.

I don't think there is a consequence.

But of course you do need to comply with the balance rules or your next extension will be rejected.

• Like 1

I remember doing this last year and I don't think there is a receipt.  Its kind of a joke.  They look at your bankbook, hand it back to you and that's pretty much it.

I think I had printed out some info and they took that and threw it into a pile on the desk.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LarrySR said:

What happens if you don't show up? 

Obviously they can check the bankbook next year at renewal time to see if you complied. 

NOTHING is past the circus!  logic does not apply......  there are no real rules...  how long you been here?  lol

• Sad 1