Krabi to Udon Thani - LUGGAGE help ??

RedArmy

Slight problem regarding my luggage - I have 4 large suitcases that i would like to get to Udon Thani from Krabi.

I think total weight around 90kg - Can anyone please advise me of the most cost effective way of transporting these bags to UD without having to bring them with me on the plane.

I am planning a trip & would prefer to travel light on the plane - I would prefer to somehow have my bags transported there for me without too much hassle or expense.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Siam Bruce said:

By The Post Office, any post office.

However they may not take the suitcases but require you to put the items in a Cardboard Box.

I have used them, very efficient and have tracking Plus you can also send a Motorbike Via the Post.

Yes.  Mention "Logispost" at the counter where they sell cardboard boxes.  We sent a motorbike once.  Like Siam Bruce, I don't know if they will take the suitcases, or ask you to repack,

• Thanks 1

Interexpress is one of the cheapest and uncomplicated (sometimes) for heavier weight. You can just shrink wrap your cases and drop them at the depot. We sent my SIL glass food display case, that was badly wrapped, and it survived, I was really impressed.

https://iel.co.th

Or Ninja

https://www.ninjavan.co/en-th

Post office will need packing onto standard size boxes, Kerry won't handle single heavy items.

There is a network of really basic trucks that plod up and down the country that are really economical but a little complicated to find local details on. Companies use them to transport stock, the wife pays about 300B for 40kg bales of clothing over 1000km from Bangkok. They arrive by an open, wooden sided truck, belching black fumes, manned by a couple of high school dropouts hanging off the back, if you have ever seen those trucks around town, ask them where the local depot is.

• Like 1