Extension for Russian passport holders

Can we please share in information of what we know about what the Thai immigration is currently doing to help Russians stranded in Thailand? There do not seem any flights available to Russia at the moment. Are they giving out extensions like they did for covid?

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There are flights, via middle east carriers, among others.

You could depart tomorrow.

bkk_svo.jpg

Interesting, but that's assuming Russians can pay for the flight now with sanctions against their banks.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Well what's going to change in the next 90 days? How can you live without money? Better to return now right? Do whatever you need to purchase a ticket. Ask the russian embassy for a loan? Pawn your valuables for thai baht?

But I was just addressing your statement about there not "seeming" like any flights. There are, obviously.

You can find more details on the current issue here:

Edited by zugzug123

Yesterday, Air Serbia plane en route to Moscow had to return to Belgrade after airline received bomb threat, so at least from Belgrade, flights to Moscow are still running. There are daily flights to Belgrade over Doha/Dubai.

I can't see Serbia cutting ties with Russia. Likely Russians would not need a visa to Serbia.

I'm not Serb, just saw that news this morning, so I wanted to add to previous messages about available flights. The reason is that this could drag on for a long time and even if extension of visa is on the table by Thailand, that's only a tiny part of the problem. The other one is how to pay for food and accommodation and other expenses. Maybe sustainable for a month or 2, but what if this goes on for a lot longer...

On the other hand - if these are young Russian men with no will go get involved in this war - maybe it's better they stay here.

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Yesterday, Air Serbia plane en route to Moscow had to return to Belgrade after airline received bomb threat, so at least from Belgrade, flights to Moscow are still running. There are daily flights to Belgrade over Doha/Dubai.

I can't see Serbia cutting ties with Russia. Likely Russians would not need a visa to Serbia.

I'm not Serb, just saw that news this morning, so I wanted to add to previous messages about available flights. The reason is that this could drag on for a long time and even if extension of visa is on the table by Thailand, that's only a tiny part of the problem. The other one is how to pay for food and accommodation and other expenses. Maybe sustainable for a month or 2, but what if this goes on for a lot longer...

On the other hand - if these are young Russian men with no will go get involved in this war - maybe it's better they stay here.

Apparently the number of weekly flights have doubled and are fully booked for the foreseeable.

Russians with money are piling out of Russia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Apparently the number of weekly flights have doubled and are fully booked for the foreseeable.

Russians with money are piling out of Russia.

Could be. That flight I mentioned had 209 passengers on the way to Moscow.

• Like 1