Father left speechless after murder: Daughter is dead and son is jailed

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Apisak, 61, was performing religious rites to send off his daughter over the next three days.

He said he'd met and talked to his son who apologized and said he was in the wrong. 

He said he was speechless at losing his daughter and his son in one fell swoop. 

I have sympathy for the father at losing his children in this way.

However, for someone who was speechless - he sure seemed to have a lot to say!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, khunPer said:

Not at all, guns don't shoot if there are no people to trigger them.

....and am I right in thinking......

people can't shoot people if they don't have a gun........

or am I missing some deep seated logic in your argument?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Of course and the wrong people with guns,  I am from UK and the approach taken by gov & police years ago I think can be seen to make a country relatively safe from gun crime. 

The problem in UK now is knives I have know idea what one can do about a person being confronted by someone with a knife other than shooting them. ????

knives are no use except when practically next to your assailant, where guns are the exact opposite.

• Like 1

Also no bombing allowed in Ukraine.  Crazy people do what they are going to do.   Why didn’t anyone prevent this?  Prevention possible?  I’m too busy at the bar, so I can’t help the world. Better to watch and comment later.  Now get out there and make a difference!!!

If some posters think that Thailand has too many guns, you should go to the USA, and see all the gun shops, or

the used gun sales at markets etc. That country has been awash with weapons for many years, and it will be

like that for as long as we live. I guess with their 300 million plus population and gun ownership etched in the

right to bear arms attitude that they are born with, well what else can I say about America, Apple Pie, and

their quest for Freedom, as I have heard that a Truck convoy has gone to Washington DC, for a protest.

Even in Canada, there are groups of people who are still protesting in cities like Calgary Alberta.

Crazy world we live in. I do feel sorry for the father who lost his daughter, and will have his son in

some jail for several years. Hope his wife will recover from COVID as well.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, Will B Good said:

....and if the people don't have guns how do you propose they shoot other people?

They use knives,  baseball bats or what ever is handy. I have guns and non of them have killed anyone ever. It is impossible for a gun to kill someone on its own. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

They use knives,  baseball bats or what ever is handy. I have guns and non of them have killed anyone ever. It is impossible for a gun to kill someone on its own. 

...........and impossible for someone to kill someone with a gun if they don't have a gun???

Seven people died at last years NRA gun safety day....you couldn't write this stuff.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I would much rather live in a town where there are no guns than a town that has guns. 

people can't shoot someone if no guns are around.

Exactly.

Just look at what Japan has achieved eradicating gun crime.......where there is a will......

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, webfact said:

he'd met and talked to his son who apologized and said he was in the wrong

uneducated, inept and totally ignorant of consequences ...

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 4:39 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"...more than 1 million guns are illegally owned"

.What's that got to do with my question re how easy it is to own a gun legally here as that poster claimed?

That aside, I'd wonder how that alleged article would know how many illegal guns there are in Thailand, it's not as though there's a register of them.    Anyone could just as easily claim that there are, say, only 1000 illegally owned guns as that assertion that there are one million of them.  No one would ever be able to check!

With what I have heard, what I know personally, what I have  seen on TV news on a regular basis, and how Thais are afraid to use their horn fearing being shot at, I would be inclined to lean towards the "million" guns owned, legally or illegally.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andre0720 said:

With what I have heard, what I know personally, what I have  seen on TV news on a regular basis, and how Thais are afraid to use their horn fearing being shot at, I would be inclined to lean towards the "million" guns owned, legally or illegally.

I have been banned from any expression of dissatisfaction with other people's capabilities on the road........the wife says the 'vast majority' of Thais have a gun in their glove compartment and will use it......and she is never wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tell the victim of a home invasion about NOT Having a Gun, while he watches his wife and daughter being  raped. Do you think he feels so Virtuous at the moment ?

How about anyone unarmed being assaulted by Thugs ?

OK, go ahead and run toward that cliff, will you fly like a angel ?

On 3/12/2022 at 2:56 PM, hotchilli said:

Too many idiots... don't blame guns.

There will always be too many idiots, not much to be done about that.

But the availability of firearms can be controlled. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rott said:

There will always be too many idiots, not much to be done about that.

But the availability of firearms can be controlled. 

What about knives.. which will be the next thing they pick-up in the absence of guns?

Controlling idiots is the only way.

Boys are an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special.
What parents need to start doing is to tell their sons:
1. You are nothing special. You become special when you prove yourself to be a worth person. An exemplary character. A cut above the rest. Someone who gives and does not just take.
2. Your sister is special. She works hard, she is ambitious, and she is not lazy. Prove yourself to be at least equal to her. Women run this country.
3. Respect is not freely given. It must be earned. Go out into the world and earn respect. Until then, you are just a normal kid.