Crypto YouTubers

Whale

If all of these crypto experts and chartists on YouTube are so good then why are they spending all their time making YouTube videos and not trading?

IMHO 90% of them are chancers who are YouTubers and their main income is from YouTube "financial sector" ads which apparently are very high paying. They can also make money their running sponsor ads/shout outs and according to one video I watched yesterday, a channel with decent traffic can get 25K USD to shill a coin!

But I don think a v small percentage of them must be genuine, which ones do you think are genuine?

• Like 2

Their main income is from cryptocurrency purchases made via their referral links.

They don't care if you win or lose as they will get their cut anyways, just like the stock brokers.

17 minutes ago, Whale said:

But I don think a v small percentage of them must be genuine, which ones do you think are genuine?

none. People who know their stuff make money, not Youtube videos.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 2

Crypto only makes money for the current investors if more and more people buy crypto.

So they have to promote it if they want to make money.

Imagine how fast the price of crypto currencies would drop if nobody would buy it anymore.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Crypto only makes money for the current investors if more and more people buy crypto.

Imagine how fast the price of crypto currencies would drop if nobody would buy it anymore.

One of my pet theories is that if the banking sector and the especially the large financial houses and Central Banks had played an honest game with savings/interest and not used fractional reserve strategies (lending out more than you take in) then crypto would not exist, or def not have the "value" that we see today. Those who it hits hardest (banks esp) have caused their own potential downfall (well reduced profits anyway). They made people look at a totally bent system and to think of. alternative methods of financing. Will anyone of these methods and/or coins be successful? I have no idea whatsoever, the usage cases for 99 percent of them is highly questionable going forward.

Edited by Whale
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Whale said:

One of my pet theories is that if the banking sector and the especially the large financial houses and Central Banks had played an honest game with savings/interest and not used fractional reserve strategies (lending out more than you take in) then crypto would not exist, or def not have the "value" that we see today. Those who it hits hardest (banks esp) have caused their own potential downfall (well reduced profits anyway). They made people look at a totally bent system and to think of. alternative methods of financing. Will anyone of these methods and/or coins be successful? I have no idea whatsoever, the usage cases for 99 percent of them is highly questionable going forward.

Unfortunately, almost every crypto project is either a complete scam or in order to replicate what banks do in a way that would make them competitive with existing banks, they basically create a centralized service which just means an unregulated bank.  

And crypto doesn’t solve fractional reserve banking.  

Even most crypto enthusiasts shrug their shoulders when you ask if they really believe Tether is backed 1:1 with USD deposits.   

26 minutes ago, digibum said:

Unfortunately, almost every crypto project is either a complete scam or in order to replicate what banks do in a way that would make them competitive with existing banks, they basically create a centralized service which just means an unregulated bank.  

I agree, as I said I believe that 99% of them have no real effective usage. DeFi only exists because of the banks screwing over their main customer bases, most is based on tokens with no value other than short term gambling greed. Saying that I do stake 1 token but thats because I have a lot of conviction that token has a usage case and future.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Same is true for cars, houses, shares.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Michael Saylor is the best on bitcoin. He's a billionaire and smart guy.

He is! Sure he is not here to help us. This crypto space is going to explode in the coming years. As the saying goes "Dont listen to what they say. Do what they do!

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Even most crypto enthusiasts shrug their shoulders when you ask if they really believe Tether is backed 1:1 with USD deposits.   

Tether no,  but USDP and USDC  are backed 100%. 

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Same is true for cars, houses, shares.

No. People live in houses and they use cars. And maybe they get a dividend on those shares.

What to people with crypto currencies can do with those blockchain entries? Nothing.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No. People live in houses and they use cars. And maybe they get a dividend on those shares.

What to people with crypto currencies can do with those blockchain entries? Nothing.

Cars lose 95% in 12 years. Houses also depreciate but land goes up. Most shares pay no dividends.

People buy crypto like any investment. If it goes up they win.

Btc is a hedge against inflation.

Most crypto is <deleted> but so are most shares.

Research is key. As Michael Saylor says do 100 hours research. Most people are just too lazy.

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Crypto only goes up if there is a high demand.

It's not exactly a Ponzi scheme but there are similarities. 

Fiat is a ponzi scheme. Massive money printing scam. 

Demand and supply drives all prices.

Flood causes fruit prices to go up for example.

Shares go up and down daily.

You seem to not understand basic economics.