Mae Wang Trip Question

stament

I read somewhere that currently foreigners can only visit a few parts of Chiang Mai province such as Mae Rim, Muang.  I think there were 4 or 5 but I didn't see Mae Wing listed so I presume it's not possible to visit there.

UPDATE:  per the Bangkok post

"

CHIANG MAI: The northern province is seeking approval from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to reopen the entire province to new arrivals from other countries.

Foreign tourists are currently allowed to visit only Muang, Chom Thong, Doi Tao, Mae Taeng and Mae Rim districts and banned from entering 20 others."

"

Are any members able to confirm please?

Thanks.

Edited by stament
update
  • Sad 1

I can't address the current regulations, but we just returned from a lovely road trip starting north from Chiang Mai, around Chiang Mai province, Chiang Rai province, Phayao Province, Lampang and Lamphun provinces and finishing up back through southern Chiang Mai province.
We did not encounter a single road check although we did see the usual checkpoints just before reaching Chiang Dao, checking vans and trucks headed south, and the usual one on Rt.107 just before the turn-off to Mae Salong further. But those roadchecks have always been in place, long before Covid.  We passed through 2 unmanned checkpoints along the way, looking as if no one had manned them in a while. We were never stopped, nor did any of the hotels we stayed in along the way request to see our vaccination records.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

I can't address the current regulations, but we just returned from a lovely road trip starting north from Chiang Mai, around Chiang Mai province, Chiang Rai province, Phayao Province, Lampang and Lamphun provinces and finishing up back through southern Chiang Mai province.
We did not encounter a single road check although we did see the usual checkpoints just before reaching Chiang Dao, checking vans and trucks headed south, and the usual one on Rt.107 just before the turn-off to Mae Salong further. But those roadchecks have always been in place, long before Covid.  We passed through 2 unmanned checkpoints along the way, looking as if no one had manned them in a while. We were never stopped, nor did any of the hotels we stayed in along the way request to see our vaccination records.

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

I've been here since November and have been all over the Chiang Mai province. When I drove through a few road checks up further north they saw I was driving and just waved us through.

• Thanks 1