Koh Chang

overherebc

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

I was been living in Koh Chang 10 years ago. Illegals Cambodians working at Resorts. A nice and quiet place until Turism exploded including me…. And Chineses.

I don't know when tourism "exploded". I been there about 6 times, high season quiet season. Even before Covid 3 years ago high season looked more like a small village than an explosion of tourism. Went about 6 months ago and was just sad. Look up both ends of the beach for 3 kilometers and not see a soul most times. So many businesses have shut. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I was been living in Koh Chang 10 years ago. Illegals Cambodians working at Resorts. A nice and quiet place until Turism exploded including me…. And Chineses.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:33 AM, Henryford said:

Anyone in Koh Chang. What's the latest on testing. Are ATK or PCR tests required to get on the island or at hotels?

I'd like to visit Ko Chang again too. No info though. I tried to phone my favourite hotel there (Erawan) and got a muddled recorded message telling me to dial some extension. I might stick to Pattaya after all. 

Just left there two days ago. Seems to be more Thai Tourists there than when we visited in April last year. I was told to have my Thailand pass and Covid-19 records available on checkin-On checkin at the Coconut Beach Resort they never asked for anything-Go Figure. "Happy Travels."

Edited by Dan747

On 3/21/2022 at 8:33 AM, Henryford said:

Anyone in Koh Chang. What's the latest on testing. Are ATK or PCR tests required to get on the island or at hotels?

I went over for New Year and you had to be vaccinated to get on the ferry, not sure if that is still in place.

If it is and infection has been reported they may be checking up on vaccination status.

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I went over for New Year and you had to be vaccinated to get on the ferry, not sure if that is still in place.

If it is and infection has been reported they may be checking up on vaccination status.

I am vaccinated so no issue there it is testing that i want to avoid. If i test positive is it a 2 week holiday in the local isolation hospital and a bill for 200k?

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

I am vaccinated so no issue there it is testing that i want to avoid. If i test positive is it a 2 week holiday in the local isolation hospital and a bill for 200k?

If there had been any testing when I went at New Year I would have said so.

Koh Chang had special status and was exempt from the testing taking place elsewhere at the time and I haven't heard of that having been changed.

I know some people had to be tested to go back to where they came from, but that didn't apply to me coming from Chonburi.

Do not get caught up in the exaggerated rhetoric over forced hospitalisation. My niece is a free lance doctor and at the moment the bulk of her work is covid patients, sees about couple of hundred nearly every day as outpatients. One day last week it was just under 350, bit of a bonus as she gets paid per patient, a long day though.

Problem on here is foreigners think they are entitled to "special" treatment.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:48 AM, Henryford said:

Couple of weeks ago the ferry was fairly quiet and no checks before getting on. No testing at hotel either.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, Henryford said:

Thanks for that. Booked for next week. Hope i can get to enjoy it.

Just an update. Went to Koh Chang this week. No testing required anywhere but one, out of 2 hotels wanted to see my vaccination form.

All restaurants on Klong Prao Beach closed, eating only in resorts. Some restaurants up and running on White Sand Beach. If you want to come now be warned: POWER CUTS !

No power, no air-con.

• Thanks 1