Garage owner chases thief after his pick-up is stolen - he catches up and hits rear of vehicle causing it to overturn

webfact

15 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bet his brother is p..ssed off. 

Why would he be <deleted> off? It was the car he that was stolen which overturned and crashed. The man chasing him and making him crash should be given a medal of bigger valor than RB.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:
37 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bet his brother is p..ssed off. 

Why would he be <deleted> off? It was the car he that was stolen which overturned and crashed. The man chasing him and making him crash should be given a medal of bigger valor than RB

Nice comment. 

So, if my vehicle gets stolen I'm free to borrow your car to RAM my car which is being driven by the theif.. Cool. 

Cheers mate 

• Like 1

Well done to Ratthawut. This is the reason theft is relatively rare here, because people actually defend their property so the thief has to take quite a risk to take it.

I also suspect a few of the thiefs injuries occured after the crash, rather than during the crash.

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

@Smithson has a good point and one I wanted to make. Although many of us would act, or want to act, in a similar way, the garage owner acted dangerously, and he was the one who left the keys in the ignition in the first place.

Innocent road users could have lost their lives in the chase which obviously was quite dramatic, looking at how it ended.

Very true....I would have no great sympathy for the guy who stole the pick up if he died.......but that would put you in the frame, possibly, for murder.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why would he be <deleted> off? It was the car he that was stolen which overturned and crashed. The man chasing him and making him crash should be given a medal of bigger valor than RB.

Tell that to the insurance company

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

If you were British you might get so angry you could be tempted to write a letter......555

That's because if you were British and in that country it's  so screwed up the thief would probably get a medal and the owner a prison sentence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Smithson said:

I'm sure he chased in a responsible manner, not endangering any one else.

Just my thoughts .

The owner of the stolen pick up truck left with the engine running that many people choose to do here in Thailand with no regard for anyone else has broken more laws than the original offender .

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

Which laws has he broken? Just as a matter of interest.

Ramming a car to cause it to overturn would be a good start 

What speeds were reached to have this man who drove off in his car to be rammed i can only imagine . Legal speed i doubt it

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nice comment. 

So, if my vehicle gets stolen I'm free to borrow your car to RAM my car which is being driven by the theif.. Cool. 

Cheers mate 

No, you are not my brother. Not family. Big difference. I do not even know you.

Maybe, if you sit down, think long enough, you might understand that.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered out of context has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Forum Netiquette:

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes. 

A number of other nonsensical posts and replies have been cleansed from this topic.