Is the Thailand Pass valid for 72 hours or 3 days after the originally scheduled arrival date and time?

Is the Thailand Pass valid for 72 hours or 3 days after the originally scheduled arrival date and time?

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/zE6021nSnu/กอง_0302/Thailand_Pass_FAQs_THAI-ENG__16_Mar_2022_18.00.pdf says:

Flight changes are permitted within 72 hours after the original flight time registered in the Thailand Pass without the need to apply for a new Thailand Pass QR Code, provided that all other required documents remain valid.

However, my Thailand Pass (after scanning its QR code) states "Arrival date no later than 2022-03-19" without mentioning any time.

(sorry I'm not trying to be nitty picky, the flight I had first planned to take was arriving on 2022-03-16 7 AM, which I used to apply for the Thailand Pass, but my new flight is arriving on 2022-03-19 11 PM, which is within 3 days but more than 72h)

Edited by user70

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

By three days they mean (strictly) 72 hours from the original departure time...not date.......that is how I read it.

Thanks, interesting, do you know how the airlines can enforce? I don't see how the airlines can see the originally scheduled departing time.

Edited by user70
  • Like 1

Just now, user70 said:

Thanks, interesting, do you know how the airlines can enforce? I don't see how the airlines can see the originally scheduled departing time.

Guessing that is all 'hidden' in the Qcode you receive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Guessing that is all 'hidden' in the Qcode you receive.

Thanks, no I checked. The Qcode I received in my Thailand Pass is is just an URL,  which points to a webpage that contains "Arrival date no later than 2022-03-19" without mentioning any time.

Edited by user70
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, user70 said:

I could easily show them some random other flight or flight booking. I'm confused.

Yes...that was my exact thought......then maybe back to a database search for passenger lists......just ain't going to happen.

change hotel reservation and apply for w new pass.

You should do it sometimes before 16.03 when you realised you can't do your planned flight.

At the same time you can send email or call to speed up your application. You can explain the old pass

"In case of emergency travel, please send your request / supporting documents to [email protected]"

their 24h support landline 006625728442. Might wait for 1h or call them night time

Edited by internationalism

6 hours ago, user70 said:

Of course they can. There is a document OPNL Legs Report that would show the original planned departure and all reschedules/delays plus a host of other stuff.

If however when you say "new flight" you mean a different flight number that has not deviated from it's planned departure time that would be a different scenario.

Personally I think the airline will take the view you must arrive before the 20th so as far as they are concerned, no problem. What could get said on arrival is anyone's guess.

I’m confused now. I thought you could apply for the Thai pass anytime before the flight. You never know how long it will take to get it so I sent mine in 10 days before to make sure it’s done. It says it can take up to 7 days. I hope I don’t have any issues for getting it a few days early. 

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

If however when you say "new flight" you mean a different flight number that has not deviated from it's planned departure time that would be a different scenario.

yes that's what I meant: a different flight number

38 minutes ago, jcmj said:

I’m confused now. I thought you could apply for the Thai pass anytime before the flight. You never know how long it will take to get it so I sent mine in 10 days before to make sure it’s done. It says it can take up to 7 days. I hope I don’t have any issues for getting it a few days early. 

We're talking about the "Arrival Date" on the Thailand pass.

Edited by user70
  • Thanks 1

Last time i came at end of December I was given 3 days, not 72 hours.
I was past the 72 hours landing 3 days after my original pass date, but there was no problem.
All the paperwork and extensive checks at the time only took into account 3 days, not 72 hours.
I know that the details say 72 hours. Its potentially risky. TIT, you cannot be sure.
As a warning, Thai airways staff totally misinterpreted the 14 days for recovery from covid and insisted on 14 days after the recovery certificate ie 24 to 28 days. Idiots would not let me board, despite my protests that I had checked with bangkok head office and they said that I was ok.
Therefore best take no chances unless some others can confirm similar actual experience recently, and with your proposed airline.

Singapore air busted my balls in LAX over this--came from DC--denver--LAX-Sin-Bkk-CNX

So i already flew from east coast and was freaking out as the guy argued i was "over' my 72 hrs...nov 14 test and LAX nov 17   but i argues my actual test was done on the 15th as they foolishly fly the tests to another state!!!!!

Anyhoo he sends my paperwork to some "guy" in Bkk via Line app and says "if he says ok you can board"  huh???!!! who TF is "He'??? who did u send my info????

I had no choice but wait for the hammer to fall stranded in LAX waiting for the Line Gid to accept my test results......luckily "HE"(Bkk) did and I was allowed to board and ONLY after submitting to facial recognition too???? no opt out on that either!!!

And the Sing gut at LAX says dont start any trouble during my layover---huh????

Never again Singapore air..smh

4 hours ago, jojothai said:

People need to be aware that some flights from Europe now take longer to go around Russia and ukraine.
I know that Finnair is badly affected because they used to fly a big distance over russian airspace.

Yes Fin have to go well down before kicking left.

From london about extra 20m I think, but we’re not really europeans. ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i was "over' my 72 hrs...nov 14 test and LAX nov 17   but i argues my actual test was done on the 15th as they foolishly fly the tests to another state!!!!!

thanks, are you talking about covid test?

8 hours ago, jojothai said:

I was past the 72 hours landing 3 days after my original pass date, but there was no problem.

thanks for sharing your experience! Indeed we're always at the mercy of some dumb airline employee.