Need Help With Adobe Illustrator

penzman

Made a great company logo with Illustrator. I have a problem with a shadow shown under the logo, looks awful on webpage I'm building. The logo is fine but under it is a white surface on which a shadow is projected and I want to remove them. I've gone through the menu's over and over... hope it's something I've overlooked and that it's not "locked" on there or I'll have to start over again...

Any suggestions?

What filetype are you using for the logo for the WWW-pages? Surely not AI-files.

Maybe JPG or GIF... so you have to convert the picture - for a different file-type.

Best to save it as a photoshop file first....(PSD-file)

Edit the picture (I am using Adobe Photoshop for that) and delete the shadow....fill that area with the color you need.....easy!

No idea, how to do it with the Adobe Illustrator as AI file however....

Try adding another layer in your logo file (underneath the drop shadow layer) that *exactly* matches the background colour of your webpage. Your drop shadow will then blend seamlessly into your website.

If you don't know the background colour code of the website, do a screen capture and paste it into photoshop, you can use the colour sampler tool to 'measure' it. Best to set your colour preferences onto the web graphics defaults (sRGB).

Usually a GIF file which is transparent cannot show good looking shadows. Best thing is to select same bg color that used on your website. Change bg and save as a jpg file.

Can you post the picture?

EDIT:

Just as Crushdepth says

i didnt see that posting

:o