Non 0 visa 90 day report query

but the Extension ends on the 7th of April 

regardless of the 90 day report time which will fall outside of the extension validity

So I presume if its possible it would only be up until the 7th april that they will give me.

Or is this just not possible?

Does anyone have experience of this

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I just want to know if its a thing that is possible?

There was recent report along the lines of what your stating.

The 90 report "next date" was given up to the end of permit.

I don't believe that's the norm.

I would do the report and if something silly happens just do another at same time as your next extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There was recent report along the lines of what your stating.

The 90 report "next date" was given up to the end of permit.

I don't believe that's the norm.

I would do the report and if something silly happens just do another at same time as your next extension. 

thanks

The problem with the online way is I just keep being sent in circles through links I cant find the APPLY link to fill in my details it just keeps bringing up instructions after online services.... 

My one-year visa extension (Non-O Marriage) expires on April 30. In April sometime, I will start the new visa-extenson process (Forms and photos and copies and whatever they're asking for, these days. Money in the Bank, of course! 555)

But my 90-day Reporting was due this Tuesday, March 22.

So.......... I did the report online yesterday, and got my "approval" at 9am today: 90 days, ending June 17th. Less than one day out of the always impressive and helpful Kanchanaburi Office!

When I go in to re-up my one-year extension, I'll simply ask them: Does the new extension reset the clock on when I need to do 90-day reporting......... or should I use the June 17th date I've already been given?

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me which is correct. I'd just like to be sure I'm doing it correctly.

(Of course, they graciously sent me a reminder email two weeks ahead of time, for this month's Report. So if they want it again in June, I assume I'll get another one, then, anyway!)

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

90 day report is nothing to do with extensions of stay.

Well, except for the fact that without an extension on one's visa, the need to do 90-day Reporting is moot. So "nothing to do with" is quite the overstatement. The two, in fact, are interconnected.

For example: If I failed to make my 90-day Report this month, what are the odds I would get waved through on my Non-O visa extension at the end of April?

Suddenly, I suspect, that missing 90-day Report would become a really important part of my visa extension process!

Cheers!

6 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

For example: If I failed to make my 90-day Report this month, what are the odds I would get waved through on my Non-O visa extension at the end of April?

He was referring to the 90 day report date not being tied to the day your extension ends. Applying for a extension does not reset the 90 day reporting date for example.

6 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Suddenly, I suspect, that missing 90-day Report would become a really important part of my visa extension process!

That is about the only way they are tied together since immigration can and may check that your 90 day reporting is current. I not they would fine you 2000 baht.

9 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Suddenly, I suspect, that missing 90-day Report would become a really important part of my visa extension process

Not really.

Generally the io would not be interested in your 90 day report. True some offices ask for 90 report receipt for extensions. Don't know why.

If was mentioned by io just state that you did it via mail and awaiting your receipt. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He was referring to the 90 day report date not being tied to the day your extension ends. Applying for a extension does not reset the 90 day reporting date for example.

That is about the only way they are tied together since immigration can and may check that your 90 day reporting is current. I not they would fine you 2000 baht.

So, as I said "nothing to do with" was incorrect. 

As a rule, I respond to what people say, rather than what I think they might've meant. 

Once you start interpreting what someone says rather than responding to what they ACTUALLY said, it's pretty easy for a discussion to go off the rails! 

"Attention Shoppers, there's blood-letting on aisle 4!" 

Cheers! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not really.

Generally the io would not be interested in your 90 day report. True some offices ask for 90 report receipt for extensions. Don't know why.

If was mentioned by io just state that you did it via mail and awaiting your receipt. 

So, your solution is to lie to them? Give them an answer they'll believe, rather than be honest and truthful. 

Interesting.

I'll pass, thanks. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

So, as I said "nothing to do with" was incorrect. 

As a rule, I respond to what people say, rather than what I think they might've meant. 

Once you start interpreting what someone says rather than responding to what they ACTUALLY said, it's pretty easy for a discussion to go off the rails! 

"Attention Shoppers, there's blood-letting on aisle 4!" 

Cheers! 

"Nothing to do with" was totally correct because it is not anything to do with.

Edited by Lite Beer

6 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

An Update: I did my 90 day report online and was approved, so it is now valid until the end of the extension making use of the extra days. In case anybody wanted to know if it is possible.

It is valid for 90 days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 8:37 PM, Lite Beer said:

It is valid for 90 days.

Clearly not, if they give it to me and the date finishes with the extension and didnt extend beyond it, it was done online not by a specific office. Maybe its done so as not to, as in the case in this thread, confuse people. They also wanted this paperwork for my new extension, so it is very much necessary (as they set the rules) for paperwork, even though it seems a quirk of this IO.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not if a rogue local office only dated the report to the day his extension ends. There are a few odd offices that do it that way.

I did it online. so unless the Online people have gone rogue this might be done to stop confusion as has been shown in the thread. why would the 90 day report have any relevance past the extension end date...?

12 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I did it online. so unless the Online people have gone rogue this might be done to stop confusion as has been shown in the thread. why would the 90 day report have any relevance past the extension end date...?

Online 90 day reports are approved by your local office. 

Your extension ending has nothing to do with 90 day reports. They are 2 separate things you have to do.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Online 90 day reports are approved by your local office. 

Your extension ending has nothing to do with 90 day reports. They are 2 separate things you have to do.

What would be the reason that you would get a date of 90 days to report past your extension stay, (especially at the end part of your extension which this was) if you cant use it, as you have previously explained to me?

It seems to me that the IO did the pragmatic thing of tying it to the end of my extension date, so as not to confuse the idea that the date reported overrides the extension as I think you are suggesting by them not being coupled in any way.