Elite Visa- allabout it

Sorry, I'm not very good at this. How do I find what the benefits of an Elite Visa are? How much it costs. etc. Everything about thing it.

I'm older and I'm bewildered by everything right now. I'm wondering how much an Elite visa would help make trips easier between the U.S and Thailand.

Thanks for any thoughts and help on this.

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How old? 

PE (elite visa) is a great option for younger folk not eligible for non O retirement.

Waste of dosh if over 50 imo.

600k for 5 years...Nup.

Better off with 800k in a Thai bank and have agent assist you with extensions. 

Way over 50. Didn't know it was $20,000.

It's all the entrance requirements that have me confused at the moment. I used to go two times a year for almost 90 days. I was just hoping for any easy way in but I guess the entrance requirements would stay the same.

Guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your help again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I guess the entrance requirements would stay the same

That's exactly correct.

You would need to meet the same requirements as someone without a PE.

Think you will find in near future things will relax regarding travel.

Hold tight and travel in near future to los. 

Edit: op, you may not be aware of agents such as ThaiVisaCentre that assist with paperwork to travel to Thailand. You still need to upload some docs to them but it's an option. 

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, elgenon said:

It's all the entrance requirements that have me confused at the moment. I used to go two times a year for almost 90 days. I was just hoping for any easy way in but I guess the entrance requirements would stay the same.

Covid 19 has made it more of an effort to enter thee country but is is much less than it was in the past.

If fully vaccinated you only need to stay in a hotel for 1 night to get covid 19 test and then you go where you want to. After 5 days you need submit a negative antigen test.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Covid 19 has made it more of an effort to enter thee country but is is much less than it was in the past.

If fully vaccinated you only need to stay in a hotel for 1 night to get covid 19 test and then you go where you want to. After 5 days you need submit a negative antigen test.

Thanks Ubonjoe. 

20 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Does anyone know an easy program to change PDFs to Jpegs? Apparently that's what Thai immigration wants.

If you type "pdf to jpeg" into playstore multiple apps pop up.

Take your pick.

Edited by DrJack54

23 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Does anyone know an easy program to change PDFs to Jpegs? Apparently that's what Thai immigration wants.

Do a search on Google using "pdf to image converter" and you will find many online sites for it.

There is also info on the Thailand Pass site you can find. https://medium.com/thailand-pass/how-to-convert-pdf-to-jpg-9efc14e35e76

14 hours ago, elgenon said:

Bring it up in Adobe, the hit File>Save As> and select JPG as the file type. It may depend on your Acrobat version though. Another option is to print your documents and then photograph them. You need the printouts for the trip anyway.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:34 PM, DrJack54 said:

If you type "pdf to jpeg" into playstore multiple apps pop up.

Take your pick.

Thanks again. I noted your comment on another thread about the elite visa. You said you would return to Oz if health problems.

11 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Bring it up in Adobe, the hit File>Save As> and select JPG as the file type. It may depend on your Acrobat version though. Another option is to print your documents and then photograph them. You need the printouts for the trip anyway.

Oh, I thought photos were PDFs. Not technologically apt.

7 minutes ago, elgenon said:

. I noted your comment on another thread about the elite visa. You said you would return to Oz if health problems

Yeah.....think I was referring to the 20 yr option. Actually also applies to the 5 year purchase.

A mate of mine obtained the dreaded "jack dancer".

He basically packed up and returned to Oz.

Various reasons the most significant was health care.

Think in that thread I suggested that you can possibly sell your PE.

Think ubonjoe posted that only certain PE visas can be sold. 

If I was considering a PE, I would certainly include that in my decision. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yeah.....think I was referring to the 20 yr option. Actually also applies to the 5 year purchase.

A mate of mine obtained the dreaded "jack dancer".

He basically packed up and returned to Oz.

Various reasons the most significant was health care.

Think in that thread I suggested that you can possibly sell your PE.

Think ubonjoe posted that only certain PE visas can be sold. 

If I was considering a PE, I would certainly include that in my decision. 

never heard of selling it. Thanks.