Online car tax renewal

KhaoNiaw

Has anyone else registered for this? 
I've always used the weekend pop-up booths at Big C before but they seem to have gone this year. The car's over 7 years old so can't do it at 7/11 but I've seen it's possible with the DLT's online services. I used my social insurance number for the 13-digit number for registration and filling in the details was quite simple. The renewal also seemed quite straightforward, with pop-ups that keep telling you giving false information is an offence. It wanted the name of the insurer and barcode number for the compulsory insurance. I believe the MOT test goes automatically to the DLT database and it didn't require any evidence for this. There are payment options and I used my debit card. 
So, it seems all has gone smoothly. My account looks like it will update with an EMS number and date when the documents are sent out. Interested to know if anyone else has done this before and it really is this easy. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Your cars to old to use this, you have to pass smog , other test now.

No, you can now use it for older vehicles. Mine is 10 years old. As I understand it, the test goes directly into the DLT database and they don't need to see the paper. I think I just checked a box to say that you've done it. No evidence required. 

When you go to that link the pop-up on the first page is telling you that this is now available for older vehicles.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

No, you can now use it for older vehicles. Mine is 10 years old. As I understand it, the test goes directly into the DLT database and they don't need to see the paper. I think you just checked a box to say that you've done it. No evidence required. 

That's good news,  so when you take your car for the tests, they upload results to the system .  Very convenient

• Like 2

Update: This really worked well.
Registered for the system, put in the vehicle details and paid by debit card last Saturday. The system updated every step: Tuesday, documents printed, Wednesday sent out by EMS, Thursday (today) new tax disc arrived. 
This was for a vehicle over 7 years old, the online process, including registration, took about 10 minutes. You can add multiple vehicles to your account and the process will be even quicker once you already have an account set up. There's only Thai language though.
One of those things that when they do it properly, it really is an excellent service. 

• Like 1