Thailand’s Satun border crossing with Malaysia to reopen on April 1st

webfact

Screenshot-2022-03-19-4.28.57-PM.jpg

After two years of closure, due to the spread of COVID-19 in Thailand and Malaysia, the land border checkpoint in Thailand’s Khuan Don District, of the southern province of Satun, will reopen on April 1st to all cross-border traffic.

Officials of the two countries met today (Saturday) to discuss preventive measures to be imposed on Thai and Malaysian travellers.

Maj-Gen Santi Sakuntanark, deputy commander of the 4th Army Region, said that both sides are now ready for the reopening of the checkpoint.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-satun-border-crossing-with-malaysia-to-reopen-on-april-1st/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Officials of the two countries met today (Saturday) to discuss preventive measures to be imposed on Thai and Malaysian travellers.

Interesting what the difference will be from crossing at that point and flying into an airport?

Do we have anyone, like actual boots on the ground that can check for us what does this means in terms of the immigration checkpoint between Koh Lipe (Thailand) and Langkawi (Malaysia)?

I have had reports of the immigration booth closed on the Thai side, on the island of Koh Lipe itself and the ferry service between Malaysia and Thailand being shut down.

Would this change anything? Can anyone chime in?

Edited by NanaSomchai

5 hours ago, webfact said:

So does that exclude foreigners ? not really open only for test and go, sandbox, and other quarantine schemes.

Just now, brianthainess said:

So does that exclude foreigners ? not really open only for test and go, sandbox, and other quarantine schemes.

There's an actual article link, I suggest you read it; looks like it applies to every travelers including "farangs" and yes, Thailand Pass, sandbox, etc, only.

Hi
My visa expires on April 2, I have to evacuate by then. Malaysia will open borders to land traffic? I have a Pizfer vaccination certificate at Krabi Hospital, the Polish passport gave the visa for free 90 days before covid. Something has changed? I want to go to Langkawi and further south.

Sorry for my english ????

On 3/29/2022 at 6:43 PM, blny said:

Hi
My visa expires on April 2, I have to evacuate by then. Malaysia will open borders to land traffic? I have a Pizfer vaccination certificate at Krabi Hospital, the Polish passport gave the visa for free 90 days before covid. Something has changed? I want to go to Langkawi and further south.

Sorry for my english ????

So did you get to Langkawi?
Guinea Pig information can help others, though I think it's coming back that's problematic. So long as you're fully vaccinated Malaysia will let you in.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:28 PM, Stocky said:

So did you get to Langkawi?
Guinea Pig information can help others, though I think it's coming back that's problematic. So long as you're fully vaccinated Malaysia will let you in.

No, I flew to Cambodia, its easier.

• Like 1