Is proof of recent recovery enough to skip quarantine after April 1st?

ericdk

Until the new rules are published in the Royal Gazette, nothing is official. 

News articles on the subject are an indication of what is likely to happen. You may want follow the dicussion in this topic:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1253975-thailand-drops-pre-departure-rt-pcr-tests-for-overseas-arrivals-allows-songkran-celebrations/

• Like 1

Yes, I believe you can avoid qauantine after recovery from COVID, but only if you have had 1 vaccination. (Please see last paragraph below)

I was going to do exactly this 6 weeks ago but as the UK still had the PCR tests when returning, I decided to get both vaccinations. So when I arrived I had a vaccination certificate and a COVID recovery certificate.

Remember the recovery from COVID certificate usually lasts for 90 days only. Also you have to leave it 14 days after the ONE vaccination until entering the kingdom.

The above was when arrivals had to do two PCR tests (day 1 and 5) so I'm not sure about now but I would assume it is still the same. I'm sure someone will correct me if it's changed with the current rules.

Regardless of covid infection history, please take the vaccinations. At least 2 doses. This may not stop another infection, but the symptoms will be milder (or none at all), (at least for those who don't have co-morbidities like uncontrolled Diabetes, etc) and less chance of passing to others.

Edited by drmal
  • Sad 1