Huge stash of cash found in quarters of deceased monk

webfact

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

One of my Wife’s uncles is a senior monk and one of the temples in Bangkok. 

He drives around in an S-Class Merc (a few years old) - it was ‘donated to him’......... (probably by someone caught by his wife with a mia-noi !!!)....     No issues with him driving a Merc... but it does lead to the question of how ‘abstinence’ is viewed and the fact that as he ‘rocks up’ in an S-Class Merc he is somehow viewed as being ‘more important’... or more senior... again.. money and wealth or the appearance of wealth supersedes all...

Senior Monks in this area also arrive with 2 police car security details. Certain Monks live in quarters exceeding  5 star quality , with adoring fans (groupies) attending to their every need.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They had already found and banked 10.6 million baht.

They thought when they are done there may be 40 million baht more.

Some temples are straight, some monks are worthy of the saffron they wear... but most are just employed in a huge ponzi scheme.

• Like 2

The Saffron Mafia is an excellent career choice for (ex)-criminals in Thailand. Selling Salvation in its many forms is an ancient business to ease the pain and poverty of the uneducated masses. (as long as you make sure they stay uneducated, of course)

2 hours ago, RafPinto said:

I did send my application to join a temple.

Monk khun farang.

Order for a new BMW smart car is already placed. I want to drive around in style.

Your car has been approved and a newly installed roof mounted scanner attached to search out the wealthy who can be filched from.......

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...