TrueVisions TV Boxes

Woof999

Short question: Does TrueVisions offer a TV box that is fit for the 21st century?

Longer rant: I've had TrueVisions for almost 7 years and never been really happy with it. Originally we had the tiny TV boxes which were cheap but just about worked. No frills. No pause / rewind, but they gave the basic service. We then had a larger box (one that was actually heavy enough not to perform wheelies because of the weight of the cables plugged into the back of it). You could, apparently, plug a hard drive into it but, coming from the UK where Sky TV has had all of this and a lot more built in for more than a decade, I never bothered.

For 2 years now we've had their Android boxes. Feature wise they are much better (apart from still having no pause / rewind / record) but they are so <deleted> slow and often update / restart in the middle of watching TV. Sometimes it can literally take 5 minutes from turning on until the box is ready to allow me to watch TV. Did I mention they are slow? Understatement.

So, does anyone have TrueVisions with a box that is fit for purpose and offers (built in) features such as rewind / pause / record? I'm paying pretty much the same as I used to pay in the UK for a service that is so inferior.

Thanking you.