Shipping Motorcycle Bangkok to Pattaya - how ? where ?

I would like to ship a 300cc motorcycle from Bangkok to Pattaya. 

Riding from Bangkok to Pattaya is not an option.

I’m aware this is possible with Thai post from a post office in BKK to a post office in Pattaya and then must be collected from there.

This includes a little messing about, emptying the tank, submission of documents, sending keys separately etc... 

I am looking for a service... Box Van type vehicle in which a motorcycle can be secured and transported form ‘xx address in BKK directly to xx address in Pattaya’. 

Does anyone have any contacts and idea of cost ?

Edited by richard_smith237

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just ask any of the taxi-no-meter drivers on the street. One of them will have a buddy with a pickup who can do that.

Yep.. considered that - was looking for more of a professional service than somchai throwing it in a song-thaew and chancing it.

At least a company who has done this a few times before...

Your suggestion has given me an idea to contact one of the house moving companies.

Another option is to ask one of the motorcycle taxi guys to ride the bike to Pattaya (if they bike works).

Thats not really an option either - I wouldn’t trust the moto guys to ride it Pattaya without any issues, hence the request for some sort of professional service. 

Problem solved.

Not yet - but thanks for the input. 

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yep.. considered that - was looking for more of a professional service than somchai throwing it in a song-thaew and chancing it.

At least a company who has done this a few times before...

Your suggestion has given me an idea to contact one of the house moving companies.

Thats not really an option either - I wouldn’t trust the moto guys to ride it Pattaya without any issues, hence the request for some sort of professional service. 

Not yet - but thanks for the input. 

If you go on Kaidee look at used big bikes like Triumphs and harleys, alot of small time dealers in Bangkok advertise and many deliver bikes they sell. I bought mine in Bangkok and they would have delivered for a charge.

• Like 1

https://www.deliveree.com/th/en/deliveree-for-house-moving/

Select a small van...

I've never used this one, but I have used an app for hiring a truck just like an Uber.  Sadly, my Thai cell phone went swimming and I have no need of the app here in Texas so I haven't looked it up to recall the name of the app.  But there were several.

Another option I found with a quick Google (no experience with them):

https://www.thaimovers.com/man-and-van/

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

https://www.deliveree.com/th/en/deliveree-for-house-moving/

Select a small van...

I've never used this one, but I have used an app for hiring a truck just like an Uber.  Sadly, my Thai cell phone went swimming and I have no need of the app here in Texas so I haven't looked it up to recall the name of the app.  But there were several.

Another option I found with a quick Google (no experience with them):

https://www.thaimovers.com/man-and-van/

We contacted the moving company who helped us move house a couple of years ago...  they wanted 10,000 baht to ship the motorcycle !!! (cheeky beggars ! - I’ll not be using them for the next house move after that quote either !!!).

On one of the other similar threads asking about motorcycle transport / shipment (archived on this forum) I found this recommendation. 

https://www.facebook.com/christianarthur.richards

Sadly it would appear that the gentleman in question has passed away but it would appear that his partner or associate 'Duangjan ‘ has continued the business and has communicated well. 

Obviously I have not used their service yet - but have been quoted 2500 baht (BKK to Pattaya). 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously I have not used their service yet - but have been quoted 2500 baht (BKK to Pattaya). 

2500 sounds about right.  Several years back, I bought as recumbent bike from a guy in Pattaya who was repatriating, and he paid 2500 baht to have it delivered in a pickup to me in BKK.  2 or 3 years later, he came back to Thailand and asked if I'd sell it back to him, and I did.  He paid 2500 baht to have it picked up and delivered back to Pattaya.  It's about the same dimensions as a scooter.  Though a lot lighter, it still took the same size truck.