Thai Airways refunds. When?

eddi

Our October 2020 flight was cancelled and early in 2021 we were offered the choice of vouchers or a refund.

As there were restrictions on travel we opted for a refund.

We received an email confirming the amount to be refunded but told this would take some time due to bankruptcy proceedings.

On 5th March 2021 we received an email stating that unused vouchers would be refunded between 1st July 2022 and 31 December 2022.

Whether this also applies to simple refunds is debatable. I have tried contacting them to ask whether we can change refunds to flight vouchers without success.

Has anyone managed to get a refund yet?  .....or an active email address that replies?

Yeah, I've been sending them several messages without a reply. It's concerning a flight in the middle of may 2019 that was cancelled.

Finally I recently got a response from the travel agency that they will pay back the money.

My days with Thai Airways are also cancelled.

Highly over rated compared to the competition as Qatar Airways and others.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:14 PM, milys said:

Yeah, I've been sending them several messages without a reply. It's concerning a flight in the middle of may 2019 that was cancelled.

Finally I recently got a response from the travel agency that they will pay back the money.

My days with Thai Airways are also cancelled.

Highly over rated compared to the competition as Qatar Airways and others.

Update on this issue: Now it seems that this issue is going to get solved through the Swedish Travel Agency

IF the flight originates or departs in the EU you have a case with IATA.

I purchased a ticket with QR the flight never happened - The travel agent wouldn’t refund until QR refund them, then they offered me half the refund. I got IATA involved. 

Travel agent then offered 90% of the refund claiming additional costs to an intermediary. 

Not my problem, continued with the IATA route - after 5 months I received a full refund. 

Getting refunds from airlines has been horrible - I think Emirates and Qatar have been slow, but ultimately refunded people. Some UK airlines were awful, travel agents too. 

Thai airways has been operating without the protection offered to customers in Europe (unless flights originate to of from there) and thus have taken advanced of this fact.

4 minutes ago, SheikYabodyline said:

Sorry to say, your refund may have been set back further by the purchase announced today of two luxuriously-equipped Boeing 777-300s for you-know-who and entourage.

I just peed my self

:clap2::clap2::clap2:Please let my dry myself