Best way to watch Sport/premiership on a dumb tv

kwak250

So i have got a Samsung 55inch tv 

Its not a Android smart tv but has a web browser/Youtube/Netflix and a few other apps pre-installed

I have a True id for Premiership games which i can watch on my PC and my Samsung phone

Now i have tried to sign in with the web browser with a wifi connection and its terrible

I have tried Google Chromecast and its slightly better but sometimes gets stuck and miss half the match

I have tried to put a cable directly into the tv from the modem but its not much better

Would the Trueid box at 2500 baht help as i have heard mixed reviews?

I have a PS4 which i have not tried yet to see if the browser on that is better

Any help would be great 

Many thanks  (a suffering Man utd supporter) Luckily we are not winning much so not missing a lot but next year !!!!

You seem to have a smart TV!

When I was in Thailand I watched Eurosport on my laptop and Chromecast it to the cheap 32" dumb TV in my rented apartment - I had to go through a UK VPN as my Eurosport subscription is geographically restricted but apart from that, no problems.

Sorry, not much help, but I think you have some fundamental problem if you can not even get a decent link up with an HDMI cable - have you tried linking the PC with the TV rather than the modem?

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 2

I use NOW TV with a VPN.  NOW is the baby of Sky TV so the sports package has all major sports on it.  I watch F1, MOTO GP and NFL .  Its not cheap, my package for all sports is 700 Baht per month, but for me its a good deal as I can watch on my phone , pad or laptop, anywhere.  Its a UK only service,  so you do need a good VPN.

Edit:  If you go this route, do not be put off by their published price, which is upwards of 1,400 per month.  They will offer deals if you contact them directly and stick it out.  These are in 12 month blocks so at the end of 12 months just cancel it all, wait a while and they will offer a new deal.  Sneaky bar stewards.   

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hakancnx said:

If it works on your computer, just connect it to the TV with a HDMI cable. 

Yes i thought that just hoping there was an easier way as didnt want to play about with a 10 meter Hdmi cable

1 minute ago, thaiscot said:

One way to watch live football is to go to hesgoal.com have games from all around the world on there & then connect laptop to TV with hdmi cable if you can or screen mirror it from phone or tablet to tv

I always fine when i use screen mirror or chromecast it freezes even with a good TOT fibre wifi connection right next to it.

Hesgoal.com i will have to look at.

True id is fine on my pc or phone just when i want to connect to a big screen in the same room its <deleted>.

End up watching on a mobile as when i cast it will freeze after a while.

Just about to get a android box off lazada Xiaomi MI box 

Then i can watch Man utd lose on a big screen rather than squinting 

4 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Checked their website, seems expensive

Not really, and certainly not compared to the True packages.   Like others, I've had Pulse for 5+ years with negligible problems.   Picture quality is great.   I recommend buying the set top box from them as it will come loaded with their app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I always fine when i use screen mirror or chromecast it freezes even with a good TOT fibre wifi connection right next to it.

True id is fine on my pc or phone just when i want to connect to a big screen in the same room its <deleted>.

My Pulse box is maybe 5 metres from my Ais Fibre router, and wifi streams seamlessly.   Every UK channel you can think of, and then come, huge movie and TV series library, and minimum of 24 hour catch up on all channels.

• Like 1

I'm in Pattaya and use Thipanee fibre optic which gives me English PL football and F1. Did buy claimed exclusive package from True for 300 additional cost pcm but found I got EPL on my normal 3600 pa Thipanee Cable full package so cancelled True. I use Doofootball when using my smartphone which carries all the EPL F1 coverage but sometimes buffering is a problem

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, London Lowf said:

You seem to have a smart TV!

When I was in Thailand I watched Eurosport on my laptop and Chromecast it to the cheap 32" dumb TV in my rented apartment - I had to go through a UK VPN as my Eurosport subscription is geographically restricted but apart from that, no problems.

Sorry, not much help, but I think you have some fundamental problem if you can not even get a decent link up with an HDMI cable - have you tried linking the PC with the TV rather than the modem?

I have found that Chromecast won’t work when needing to use a VPN on the device you are casting from. This applies to ALL subscription providers as well as bbc iPlayer etc. You get an error message (sometimes notifying you not available in your location). This is because chromecast connects to your WiFi router directly and thus isn’t under the vpn. The only potential solution is quite involved and requires your router menu to be able to be programmed with the IP address the vpn is using. My recent 3BB router doesn’t have that,not I suspect most others. Screen mirroring from my iPad however does work !  ???? 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 11:27 AM, kwak250 said:

For premiership games ,Champions league and even Serie A etc. subscribe to Bein sports which is quite cheap (I got a whole season for 700 baht !). or monthly.The beauty of it is the games are on catch up so 3 am matches can be viewed later at time of choosing with no spoilers. It has chrome cast facility too. 
 Very good customer support too .

Separately ,sounds like your WiFi is substandard ??

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I have found that Chromecast won’t work when needing to use a VPN on the device you are casting from. This applies to ALL subscription providers as well as bbc iPlayer etc. You get an error message (sometimes notifying you not available in your location). This is because chromecast connects to your WiFi router directly and thus isn’t under the vpn. The only potential solution is quite involved and requires your router menu to be able to be programmed with the IP address the vpn is using. My recent 3BB router doesn’t have that,not I suspect most others. Screen mirroring from my iPad however does work !  ???? 

Well, all I can say is that I Chromecasted from my laptop to a dumb TV (but with the necessary HDMI and USB slots) and watched World Superbikes with my Eurosport Player subscription and Formula 1 with my All 4 account (both geographically limited to the UK) at the end of last year in Kamala, Phuket and they were perfect. I used NordVPN.

However, rather mysteriously, since I've been home they no longer work ????

Edited by London Lowf

23 hours ago, nchuckle said:

For premiership games ,Champions league and even Serie A etc. subscribe to Bein sports which is quite cheap (I got a whole season for 700 baht !). or monthly.The beauty of it is the games are on catch up so 3 am matches can be viewed later at time of choosing with no spoilers. It has chrome cast facility too. 

Thanks i will check out bein sport just getting True id with premiership games that are hit and miss .

Tot fiber is working really well i will try Bein sport and see i expect its the true id causing the problem like i say with wifi to the phone watching the game its perfect just terrible with watching on the Samsung 55 inch

On 3/27/2022 at 6:10 AM, nchuckle said:

Thanks very much just paid 119 baht for a months trial lets see how this goes

Just got a perfect picture watching Tennis

Who knows maybe man Utd will win at the weekend now.