Visa exempt based Thai Pass when in Thailand, possible?

You can apply for the Thailand Pass before leaving the country.

If you are leaving after being here for a long period of time I suggest you apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Phnom Penh instead of entering visa exempt. There have been reports of immigration making problems for those entering the country with a visa exempt entry and denying them entry after being here for a while.

If you do enter visa exempt I suggest you have ticket out of the country within 30 days and the equivalent of 20k baht in cash to show immigration if asked or them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Is it possible to get a visa exemption (30 days) based Thailand Pass without leaving Thailand?

No.

If you exit Thailand and reenter you could be granted 30 day visa exempt entry. How do you plan to reenter Thailand? By air would be risky. 

Might be best if you outline what your trying to achieve.

How did you last enter Thailand visa wise. 

You don't qualify for covid extension? 

When does your current permit end. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How do you plan to reenter Thailand? By air would be risky. 

By air. Because as far as I know, Thailand pass does not allow entrance by land.
If they reject my entrance in Suvarnabhumi, I can just go back to Cambodia by air, right? I hope they have a hotel or so to wait for the next flight to Cambodia.

I entered Thailand with Non-O 2 years ago. My current stamp expires on May, 4.

10 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

By air. Because as far as I know, Thailand pass does not allow entrance by land.
If they reject my entrance in Suvarnabhumi, I can just go back to Cambodia by air, right? I hope they have a hotel or so to wait for the next flight to Cambodia.

Denied entry and flown back to Cambodia is not as straight forward as it seems.

Hopefully by may 4 land borders might start to open.

If you plan to remain in Cambodia very briefly then best to return with tourist visa. 

There is current thread and the report indicated that the obtaining tv in PP was straight forward.

Hopefully the TP will end soon also and yes you could obtain TP prior to exit from Thailand. 

Here is the thread I referred to.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I assume you applied for long stay extension of some kind (Retirement or Marriage?

In that case you probably would not have a problem entering visa exempt.

What are your plans after returning to Thailand.

By May there may be some options for land border crossings.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you applied for long stay extension of some kind (Retirement or Marriage?

In that case you probably would not have a problem entering visa exempt.

What are your plans after returning to Thailand.

By May there may be some options for land border crossings.

I have a Non-O visa ext. (60 days, Thai child) followed by Non-B (1 yr) and then, about 5 COVID ext. (60 days, visa changed from Non-B to Thai child based). Looks like my best bet is to apply for a tourist visa in Cambodia. I hope there may be some options for land border crossings.

Edited by friendofthai

11 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

have a Non-O visa ext. (60 days, Thai child) followed by Non-B (1 yr) and then, about 5 COVID ext. (60 days, visa changed from Non-B to Thai child based). Looks like my best bet is to apply for a tourist visa in Cambodia.

You could apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon being a parent of a Thai at the embassy in Phnom Penh instead of a tourist visa.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I hope they will not want me to show 200k or 400k baht in a Thai bank.

You would only need the equivalent of 20k baht in a bank to apply for it. The requirements here only mentions a bank statement. https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-visa-thai-family?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1