American Style Boxing Along Mma And/or Ju-jitsu In Phuket?

BKKDUDE

http://www.boxinghelp.com/thailand.html

I'm returning to phuket early August and visited few above gyms when last time in phuket, i couldn't really decide which one to go for? All they had thai recipient and couldn't understand what i need

I'm not a boxer, just boxing fan for last 18 years and i think i can judge what kind of training is right for me just to get fit and strong, i don't want to become a boxer (fighter) and just little sparring would be ok with me somtimes

I'm looking for following:

1-Machines and weights good enough for avarge drugfree bodybuilder to put on some weight

2-Separate coach for teaching boxing (American style), to teach me right way doing shadow boxing, proper work on punch and speed bags.... (unfortunatly all i saw was Donkey kicks and huggy bears, i saw ZERO hand skills good for boxing)

3-Separate coach for MMA and Ju-jitsu, to teach me ground fighting skills ( i dnn't expect them to teach boxing, because they can't be a good boxer by any mean)

4-"NO training in the ring" for boxing, but OK for MMA and Ju-jitsu , there is misconception in thailand that you gotta learn footworks and hand skills while fighting " IN the ring"

5-I prefer to be trained by farang, not thai

6-I know PhuketMMA and Tiger camps charge like 9000 for first month and 6,000 following month, they are outrageous. Is there a way i can get the price down to 4000 and follwoing month to 3,000. I won't use full training programs like runing, sparring,...I train 1-2 hours every alternate days (15 days a month) unlike pros 6-7 hours a day, aslo i don't need any camp accomodation.

Thanks

Edited by BKKDUDE

6- I know PhuketMMA and Tiger camps charge like 9000 for first month and 6,000 following month, they are outrageous. Is there a way i can get the price down to 4000 and follwoing month to 3,000. I won't use full training programs like runing, sparring,...I train 1-2 hours every alternate days (15 days a month) unlike pros 6-7 hours a day, aslo i don't need any camp accomodation.

Thanks

Sorry, misquoted above:

6-I know PhuketMMA and Tiger camps charge like 6-7,000 for first month and 4-5,000 bhat following month, they are outrageous. Is there a way i can get the price down to 4,000 and following month to 2,000. I won't use full training programs like runing, sparring,...I train 1-2 hours every alternate days (15 days a month) unlike pros train 6-7 hours a day, aslo i don't need any camp accomodation.

Thanks

When you say "American style boxing" I take it what your actually talking about is 'British style boxing' as fought under the Marquess of Queensberry rules.

I don't know that, but thais seems to think of muai thai, when you say you want to learn boxing, and then they ref to it as Mohd Ali boxing or some say American boxing

Of course this term still apply in western world, where we have American and European style boxing..

not sure if your looking for an all in place with boxing and weights etc, but Patong Gym is fairly good as far as a good place to work out, good selection of free weights, i am still having problems finding gyms that can compete with it in BKK even.

I had look at patong gym and six month membership 4,800 bhat, it's so far the best gym among farang districts, i thought transfer there after few months of training with some fight camps. If i remember correctly they had just one punch bag there, right?

3-Separate coach for MMA and Ju-jitsu, to teach me ground fighting skills ( i dnn't expect them to teach boxing, because they can't be a good boxer by any mean)

ha ha ha.. So your saying that anyone who can coach MMA cant coach boxing..

What kind of standard are you talking case if its basic training for a noob then I would say your way off.

hey havent been there for a year, but they have one heavy bag, and a smaller bag i believe but you have to take the heavy bag down first. Depending on the time you go the heavy bag is/isnt in use.. 4800 for 6 months isnt too bad especially for phuket. I used to live there and would buy month to month for 700 but that was from the owner and his buddie. 4800 for 6 months is around 800 a month, i cant remember but i think the listed price per month is 1200 or something ? cant remember.. anyways it seems big, and a fairly good setting, and one of the biggest selection (still actually not that big though) of free weights and benches around though.

ha ha ha.. So your saying that anyone who can coach MMA cant coach boxing..

What kind of standard are you talking case if its basic training for a noob then I would say your way off.

Hey Smarty, definitely way upper your standard.

Edited by BKKDUDE

hey havent been there for a year, but they have one heavy bag, and a smaller bag i believe but you have to take the heavy bag down first. Depending on the time you go the heavy bag is/isnt in use.. 4800 for 6 months isnt too bad especially for phuket. I used to live there and would buy month to month for 700 but that was from the owner and his buddie. 4800 for 6 months is around 800 a month, i cant remember but i think the listed price per month is 1200 or something ? cant remember.. anyways it seems big, and a fairly good setting, and one of the biggest selection (still actually not that big though) of free weights and benches around though.

here their web

www.phuketgym-patong.com

Monthly is 1500 per their site, I guess they know farang can't do six month contract. I'll be staying six month at least, no problem. Meantime they open 7.00AM, i prefer weight training in early morning.

I'm bringing 2 packs (each 10 Lbs) optimum whey protein bags and they should last for 2-3 months only. Does anyone know if you one can buy high quality protein like EAS or optimum 100% whey in Phuket?