Opinion: No governor candidate is serious about fixing Thailand’s footpaths, just look at their posters

webfact

screenshot_17247.jpg

By Erich Parpart

One of my favorite Facebook pages which I follow for laughs is called “Hey! This is Thailand’s footpath” or “เฮ้ย นี่มันฟุตบาทไทยแลนด์” which has more than 250,000 followers.

Apart from laughter, I also like the page because it can actually lead to tangible changes.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

There are many occasions where broken footpaths have been fixed within days because its horrible condition was displayed on the page for their followers to see.

It happened so many time that I am sure many related public agencies, such as the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, are also following the page as well.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/38981/opinion-no-governor-candidate-is-seriosu-about-fixing-thailands-footpaths-just-look-at-their-posters/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-03-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1