Malaysia reopen land borders?

Hi
My visa expires on April 2, I have to evacuate by then. Malaysia will open borders to land traffic? I have a Pfizer vaccination certificate at Krabi Hospital, for Poles the visa was free for 90 days, is it still so? Something has changed? I want to go to Langkawi (it will be opened?) and further south.

Sorry for my english ????

• Like 1

I think malaysia only opened for singapor but i might be wrong. At the moment its closed to thailand. Only by air.

Your best option can be cambodia. Its still by air but easy. If malaysia is not your only option i would go cambodia

But im sure someone can give you better answer than me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blny said:

My visa expires on April 2,

How did you enter Thailand.

Not eligible for covid extension?

Your best option is fly to Phnom Penh.

You left it till now!

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

According to https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/malaysia-en/satun-border-between-thailand-and-malaysia-to-reopen-in-april

Also I believe Malaysia has not changed its visa requirements post covid. So if you were given 90 days visa free entry pre covid you should get 90 days now. The number of Malaysian entries in your passport might be questioned if you stayed visa free over long periods in the past. Also I would print out your vax info and check if you need a Covid test before entry. Enjoy your time in Malaysia????

Edited by oscarsmum
More info
  • Like 1

https://www.nst.com.my/world/world/2022/03/783623/thailand-malaysia-land-border-entry-will-comply-sops

Deputy Governor of Songkhla province, Amphon Pongsuwan, said the two border gates of Sadao (Songkhla province)-Bukit Kayu Hitam (Kedah) and Wang Prachan (Satun)-Wang Kelian (Perlis) will be reopened to tourists fully vaccinated with Covid-19 vaccine, starting from April 1.

• Like 2

Thanks for help! 
I have been living in krabi for 3 years, previously i worked in a local thai travel agency and i had a Non b work permit. When it expired, i got covid exstension, but now immigration in Krabi they said it was over. 
I have the closest to Malaysia, I would love to see this country. I work online now. As you think, it is possible to return to Thailand in my situation. I thought about getting an edu visa.

Singapur? What requirements? I thought to live a bit in Malacca, so it's close.

39 minutes ago, blny said:

As you think, it is possible to return to Thailand in my situation. I thought about getting an edu visa

Think your best option would be to obtain a Tourist Visa.

As mentioned earlier some reports of smooth process at Phnom Penh.

If you obtained a TV that would give 60 day stamp and can be extended by 30 days. 

Hopefully by that time some land borders will open and more options available.

Given the very short time left on your permit, you could apply for extension and when refused you would be given 7 days to exit.

(it's not an extension).

Alternatively go on overstay and pay fine at airport as soon as you can fly out. 

If land border to Malaysia opens that is an alternative.

Are you fully vaccinated. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

I am fully vaccinated with Pfizer at Krabi Hospital. 
I have already used the 7 day extension. My covid extension expired on 3/26.
In Malaysia they want insurance for $ 20,000, can you advise any that they accept there?
If I understand correctly, should I have a PCR test two days before arrival and then another RTK test for 24 hours?

5 minutes ago, blny said:

In Malaysia they want insurance for $ 20,000, can you advise any that they accept there?
If I understand correctly, should I have a PCR test two days before arrival and then another RTK test for 24 hours?

Yes, 2 days pre-departure PCR Test and 24 hours after arrived supervised RTK test.

Insurance can reference here: COVID Travel Pass+ Tune Protect

Edited by Calvin1976
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, blny said:

Going to Malaysia is not a good option due to the PCR test, RTK test and insurance that you must pay before going.

Then when you come back to Thailand one week later, you will have to go pay for another PCR test and insurance just to come back to Thailand.

Unless your homeland is in Malaysia, I would try other countries that don't need PCR test or insurance.

I thought Cambodia has less requirements than Malaysia.

Only those from Singapore travelling to Malaysia, do not need the PCR test before flight or after arrival, and don't need any insurance.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

I got messages today that several agents state "foreigner who have non-immigrant visa You " CAN " apply for covid extension 2 month "

Now if that's only thru agency?  idk.  But several have messaged me that today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, blny said:

True, my last covid extension was until March 26th, now I got 7 days.
Do you know some good agency in Krabi or somewhere?

Unfortunately not in your area. Go on google right now and find some that have an office and good reviews. Contact them and you'll get an idea. Do it now, best advice I can give you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blny said:

EricTh: Cambodia, i never been there. Do you know requirements?

I posted a link to thread of trip report to Cambodia at that start of this thread. 

If you hit that link it will take you to that thread.

It's very well written and I agree with @EricTh a better option. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I may be wrong though and he should contact visa agencies right now for confirmation.

I'm pretty sure your correct.

Having applied for extension and refused and issued a get out of dodge notice it's imperative to leave. 

Earlier in thread I had slight dig at op leaving his options till last minute.

I mentioned the 7 days to buy wee bit of time however turns out that has already been done. 

Overstay starts this weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blny said:

Some agency in Krabi? That will be great news.

If you have already been refused an extension, and given seven days to leave the country, that order is pretty final. You are not on an extended permission to stay. You have been ordered out of Thailand, and given seven days to comply. A shady agent (for a price) might be able to arrange a very dodgy medical extension, but forget a Covid extension or any other normal extension. It is pretty much impossible.

Given the very limited time left until you must have left, I really think Cambodia is the most practical option. I advise you to arrange flights today. The closer you get to the departure date, the more expensive the flights will become.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

For Cambodia, purchasing insurance is encouraged. This is not the same as required, and is not checked.

Yes, my mistake. 
I chose Cambodia, just two flights, less difficult than Malaysia. I must just confirm that question about 'hard copy of covid vaccine".  I am almost sure it's enough to show "Thailand National Certificate of Covid" in color, not a vaccine passport-yellow book. 

28 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The closer you get to the departure date, the more expensive the flights will become.

I looked at some flights.... Krabi to BKK and on to Phnom Penh to send to the OP.

They are not nice.

At lower price end have huge wait time at BKK. approx 4k

The shorter stop in BKK is not much shy of 10k.

The OP goes into overstay this weekend. 

A stitch in time......

Edit: just found a good one. Attached.

Screenshot_20220330-142045.jpg

• Like 2