now you have visa and now you don't ?

talking to a friend this morning and he had a right twist on ? he said he had applied for a visa while 

back in the UK, he said all went well until he checked his passport as he was due to go to immigration

(for an extension of stay , with his none- imm- o as he has been here 60 days)

it turns out the immigration officers at the airport had not validated his visa ?

he says he is going to immigration as he has been told if it is an error in the stamping at the airport

immigration the immigration in Pattaya can fix it.

but another lad said it will cost him ? but surely if it is an error (he swears he handed his E-Visa document

to the staff at the airport) then he should not be fined for their mistakes.

has anyone had any similar instances of this type of things.

Once, in Cambodia the immo stamped me valid to the right date but the preceeding YEAR! (lord knows just how long he'd been doing that - and to how many) When I pointed it out to him the steward's enquiry that ensued, with just about every badge bearing uniform in the airport involved, left me with the offending date looking like it had been scribbled out of a 6 year old's homework and a correct date stamped next to it :shock1:.

Fearing the possible ramifications on departure I asked for it to as least be signed to authenticate the mess. Of course no one wanted to lay claim to the fiasco so off I went.

Anyhoo not the merest flicker of interest at departure.

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 8:00 PM, BritManToo said:

All of us,

And we learned to read the stamps in our passports before leaving the airport immigration desk.

Was once stamped in here for 60 days as Visa Exempt instead of 30 days ! UK Passport. Didn’t say anything but when later at local Imm, to get a COR for TDL they  corrected it back to 30 days (only from their routine checks). Airport Immy forgot I think to adjust stamp after processing Russian ….

On 3/31/2022 at 10:41 PM, Regyai said:

Once, in Cambodia the immo stamped me valid to the right date but the preceeding YEAR! (lord knows just how long he'd been doing that - and to how many) When I pointed it out to him the steward's enquiry that ensued, with just about every badge bearing uniform in the airport involved, left me with the offending date looking like it had been scribbled out of a 6 year old's homework and a correct date stamped next to it :shock1:.

Fearing the possible ramifications on departure I asked for it to as least be signed to authenticate the mess. Of course no one wanted to lay claim to the fiasco so off I went.

Anyhoo not the merest flicker of interest at departure.

Recalls those huge one page Cambo Visas on Arrival $ 25 …..when they know 90% are 3 day types for visa run or Phnom Pehn / Angkor Wat ????

On 3/31/2022 at 4:42 AM, zoza said:

has anyone had any similar instances of this type of things.

Yes, was stamped in for 30 days despite being on a NON O. Haven't had an E visa but on reflection, I think the onus is on us to a certain extent.  Put yourself in the place of an I.O. looking through a passport full of stamps and visas - mistakes are bound to happen.

On 3/31/2022 at 8:00 PM, BritManToo said:

All of us,

And we learned to read the stamps in our passports before leaving the airport immigration desk.

well me and others could not read 16 red stamp and on top 27 blue stamp   , no month  , nothing?

last year my trip to uk had absolutely nothing  in my passport i rang the Airport, ''Bio Data'' ??? 

was all they said. 

he has gone back to Phuket and said he near fell over as he got an apology, but he also said with co-vid ect he had  approx. 11 A4 forms and documents /taxi/hotel/vaccines x 3/pcr testx2/-Evisa /sandbox /Thailand pass , said he had more documents than shirts.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, zoza said:

well me and others could not read 16 red stamp and on top 27 blue stamp   , no month  , nothing?

last year my trip to uk had absolutely nothing  in my passport i rang the Airport, ''Bio Data'' ??? 

was all they said. 

he has gone back to Phuket and said he near fell over as he got an apology, but he also said with co-vid ect he had  approx. 11 A4 forms and documents /taxi/hotel/vaccines x 3/pcr testx2/-Evisa /sandbox /Thailand pass , said he had more documents than shirts.

The only document that counts in Thailand, is the stamp in your passport.

Learning to look at the date on it is an important survival skill.

• Like 1