Rayong nightlife

Inderpland

The Thai style drinking venues in my area is open in the evenings whereas the little farang joints get hassled for selling alcohol. Funny how the Thai joints on major roads have no problem but a little out of the way Thai owned farang beer joint gets fined.

I have lived in Ban Chang for 15 years. Many friends longer. Farangs do not really talk about nightlife in Rayong City. There are plenty of Thai nite spots. The Thais certainly know where they are and which is the best places. I have never heard anyone say anything about a place to go in Rayong for this or that. But I guarantee you they are there. Rayong is not a westerner hangout area

20 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I have lived in Ban Chang for 15 years.

Any of the "strip" bars open yet and is the Changsova Hotel still open please....asking for a friend LOL

Sova is open. As for bars open? I don't know the answer. Some of the bars that remain really never closed as the back door was used to get in. What is legally open now? A regular bar goer will have to answer. But the few bars that are still on the strip are just that a few

7 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Sova is open. As for bars open? I don't know the answer. Some of the bars that remain really never closed as the back door was used to get in. What is legally open now? A regular bar goer will have to answer. But the few bars that are still on the strip are just that a few

Even pre-Covid the Strip was struggling.

The bottom half were mostly closed, the top half open but the price cartel put many off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, fulhamster said:

Even pre-Covid the Strip was struggling.

The bottom half were mostly closed, the top half open but the price cartel put many off.

140 baht for a small beer in an open air bar next to the road and traffic fumes doesn't really appeal. ????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

When I lived in Ban Chang I did all my drinking in Thai type bars and restaurants. A friend visited and wanted to see the strip which I had never frequented. I was used to paying 80 baht for a large Heineken. Imagine my surprise to be asked to pay 95 baht for a small Heineken in the strip. Never returned.

• Like 1