Mor Chana / Mor Prom

When I came back to Thailand last October I had to have the Mor Chana app on my phone/tablet. I am back to Thailand on 25th April and wondered if I still will need one of these apps on arrival ?

In my Sandbox/Test & Go's (I'm doing my 4th T&G in a couple of weeks) I've sometimes been asked to show I had it installed. Other times there was no mention. I will have it installed before I fly so I won't have to waste time downloading it at the airport should I be asked for it. I'll then delete it again. 

• Like 2

I have the Morchana installed on 2 devices and on one of them it is green, and the other device it's still orange. I used the same information on both devices. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 1

For test & go, you need the Mor Chana app to upload your Day 5 ATK result. You connect it to your Thai Pass when you arrive, and then you get a notification in the app with a link for the upload around day 7/8. (At least you are supposed to get a notification.) Although so far, nothing seems to happen if you don't do it, but that's what the rules say.

Mor Prom, for your vaccination record, is an entirely separate app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, dsj said:

I have the Morchana installed on 2 devices and on one of them it is green, and the other device it's still orange. I used the same information on both devices. Does anyone have any suggestions?

From what I can tell, the status/colour change is directly linked to the results upload, so there's no obvious way to do that on more than one device, unless you still have the notification on the second device and you are able to upload it again.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:28 AM, Polar Bear said:

From what I can tell, the status/colour change is directly linked to the results upload, so there's no obvious way to do that on more than one device, unless you still have the notification on the second device and you are able to upload it again.

Yes that's how it worked for me. I did not get request to upload for over 2 weeks after day 5. and you can not manually upload without the link. Color does change to green once upload a negative test.

Also is quite helpful when requested to show recent test results. You will never find a Thai that will admit they don't know what something is, so they smile and say "very good thanks! "

• Like 1

I needed to show the Mor Chana app when checking in for my Test & Go hotel on Sunday 27th March, (NB you probably need to delete the version you have & download the latest version). 

Once I'd installed the app I scanned the QR code for my Thailand Pass & it showed me as Orange (Medium Risk), once my arrival PCR test came back as negative, it showed me as Green (Low Risk). 

On Friday 1st April (Which is day 6 in my book but the nurse at the hospital administering the PCR test said it would be Friday) I got a message from the app with a link where I could upload the Day 5 ATK test result. 

Edit: If you don't get the message/link on Mor Chana for your Day 5 ATK results, you can send the result to your T&G hotel who will update the Mor Chana records for you

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, dsj said:

If you've linked both Apps to the same Thailand Pass I would expect them to be in sync as your status is directly linked to the status of your Covid Tests.   

I would try deleting the app where it's showing you as Orange, re-install it & rescan your (latest) Thailand Pass QR Code. 

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Once I'd installed the app I scanned the QR code for my Thailand Pass & it showed me as Orange (Medium Risk), once my arrival PCR test came back as negative, it showed me as Green (Low Risk). 

That's odd, its should not show you as 'green' - very low risk until you enter your Day 5 ATK - until then you should remain orange.

Still, the thing rarely works properly - the main problem with it is being told you have a notification but when you go to look, there appears to be nothing there. No spinning circle, nothing to indicate anything's coming. The notifications should start on Day 5 and are requesting you upload your ATK photo.

I've learned that in fact there is something there but it can take 10 minutes to appear depending on your internet connection.

For the OP's attention - if you are lucky and your notifications do download, you will note that in typical Thai fashion, they have not modified the required information fully for ATK's - you will be asked to enter a lab number which of course you don't have - that was for PCR's.  You are also required to enter a 'release date' - I presume that's release from prison/quarantine/1 night's waiting - that's what I entered anyway.  All you need to do is enter the release date, take a photo of your ATK and upload it.

You are supposed to wait 30 minutes after doing the Antigen test to get the result - however, you are guaranteed to be negative if you take the photo as soon as the first 'control' line appears ????.

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

That's odd, its should not show you as 'green' - very low risk until you enter your Day 5 ATK - until then you should remain orange.

I was told at check-in that I would know when my test result was back as my profile would turn green (presumably only if I tested negative) which it did & was how I found out that my result was in as I was constantly checking it so I could check out & go home.

5 minutes later I was in a taxi heading home ???? 

I know what you mean about the notifications, my (I)phone told me I had a notification from Mor Chana but it took 10-15 minutes for the message to appear in the notifications in the app itself. 

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

This seems to have changed very recently. It used to be orange until after the Day 5 test results were uploaded (when it was PCR and also when  it changed to ATK). Now it changes to green after the first PCR test. I'm waiting to see if it goes orange again once the ATK is due. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, it was after the day 5 ATK test that one of my devices turned green and the other stayed at orange, after the hotel put in the results of the day 5 test, also I got no notifications from Mor Chana. I deleted it from both device and just reinstalled it onto one and it still shows yellow.

14 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I'm waiting to see if it goes orange again once the ATK is due.

Mine stayed Green even when the ATK was due, I was a good boy & did my ATK/uploaded the results on the day I was supposed to so I don't know if it would have gone orange if I hadn't have done so. 

• Like 1