Central Marina..... Has anyone been to this Ghost mall lately?

redwood1

You could replace 'Central Marina' with 'Royal Garden Plaza', the busiest it's been in many years was when it was providing the Covid vaccinations. Malls work on scale and the number of different things for people and their families to eat and do. Central by Soi 9 and Terminal 21 both work at that level, while places like Central Marina and Royal Garden don't.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, redwood1 said:

The point is this is a Major mall that is showing no signs of recovery at all....And seems to be going from bad to worse to worse, which puts its future into question...

Why do you care about the, alleged, crappy mall's future?

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why do you care about the, alleged, crappy mall's future?

That's why this topic should be expanded to include all Pattaya malls. There are several as noted that are going under. Yet more are planned and being completed ??

Thanks to online shopping, malls in the USA are now just big empty buildings with few customers.  My guess is the malls in Thailand will soon be the same, ok places to eat but for actual shopping their glory days are behind them.  

Now excuse me, I have some Lazada orders coming in today.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, morrobay said:

[IMG_20220402_101427.thumb.jpg.ef93bf88cb0c875d8be7c078904caefc.jpgAt what level is this place going to work out in South Naklua?? 

That's Grande Centre Point Space hotel with a space theme, due to open sometime this year.  Should 'work out' very well if Thailand ever gets its act together and reopens easily for tourists.  This area is one of the booming areas of Pattaya, at least development-wise.  Another new highrise hotel is nearing completion right across the street.  In recent years the large Mytt Hotel opened, Grand Palazzo, along with Ozo, the new Amari wing, the new D'Beach highrise addition, and others.   A large tract across from T21 has been fenced off--likely for redevelopment at some point.

T21, with its Grand Centre Point hotel, was, of course, the spur for all the development.  That hotel must have been profitable, pre-covid, or likely Grand Centre Point Space would have not been developed.  My partner and I drove by yesterday and GCP Space looks very impressive.  It looks like there might be a public component in the front.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

That's Grande Centre Point Space hotel with a space theme, due to open sometime this year.  Should 'work out' very well if Thailand ever gets its act together and reopens easily for tourists.  This area is one of the booming areas of Pattaya, at least development-wise.  Another new highrise hotel is nearing completion right across the street.  In recent years the large Mytt Hotel opened, Grand Palazzo, along with Ozo, the new Amari wing, the new D'Beach highrise addition, and others.   A large tract across from T21 has been fenced off--likely for redevelopment at some point.

T21, with its Grand Centre Point hotel, was, of course, the spur for all the development.  That hotel must have been profitable, pre-covid, or likely Grand Centre Point Space would have not been developed.  My partner and I drove by yesterday and GCP Space looks very impressive.  It looks like there might be a public component in the front.

We love the new Hotel.....

If only there was a new mall to go with it...

Alien abduction: an unlikely solution to the climate crisis | Alien life |  The Guardian

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1