Hua Hin Police announce ‘no gift policy’

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

to not accept any kind of gifts while performing duties”.

But as soon as they go off-duty the entire RTP would like to thank you in advance for the continuation of donations 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

NO gift policy in the open that is, any other way most welcome...

If this No Gift policy spread through out Thailand I would think I was on another planet or haven't woke up yet. This could be the start of something new, lets hope it spreads.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The announcement reads:
“…We would like to announce the intention of Superintendent Hua Hin Police Station and all police officers to not accept any kind of gifts while performing duties”.

So, no bribes between 08.00 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 17.00. But it does not say anything of collecting during lunch hour.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“…We would like to announce the intention of Superintendent Hua Hin Police Station and all police officers to not accept any kind of gifts while performing duties”

????

2 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

This has to be an 'April Fools ' joke,yes?

I recall that the government announced last year that April Fools jokes are banned. They shall be considered a violation of Computer Crimes Act about fake news and could land you in jail. 

• Thanks 1

Mind you he said

The announcement reads:
“…We would like to announce the intention of Superintendent Hua Hin Police Station and all police officers to not accept any kind of gifts while performing duties”

Bold and Italics mine.

So the intention is there, but may not convert to reality, so they are off the hook.  No need to worry the brown envelopes, free lunches, loaner vehicles and watches all allowed

• Thanks 2