Is philippino people unfortunate for having a bad food cuisine and being poor?

Jan0

Why is it difficult living in the Phillipines??? Im not critisising the country, but as a foreigner its even difficult for me

I get paid more then minimum around 30x more then a typical philippino, I dont expect mcdonalds and burger king to be 30 x cheaper, but when I was sitting at alpha mart we saw a person opening the fridge and saying it was expensive(translated from tagalog to english by my partner) when looking at drinks...

When I was at KFC the chicken tasted salty and I double checked by asking my partner if it was salty... she even agreed it is salty

Im not saying there is something wrong with the cuisine, but when i visited sm mall and entered the supermarket i was like: MY GOD. THE MEAT IS SOO BLACK, THE MEAT IS SUPER SUPER BLACK......

I dont know how they are allowed to sell the meat in the mall....

It feels like soo many philippinos want to try the best leaving the country to have a better life....

Im getting my partner to make me food since my diet is not compatiable with outside food....

It feels like i get treated highly special due to the the western appearence, wealth and nature of western superiority

I remember speaking english and the woman moving backwards and just laughing and smiling

IMHO other countries have better food, I remember purchasing over 1k Peso pizza from yellow cab, but the pizza still not tasting as good as western standards...

One of the unfortunate curse being born in philippines is that the nature of the food/supply and variety of ingredients is not as equivillent to other countries...

Im not trying to insult, but i remember even my western philippino neighbour addmitting a lot of stuff to me....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Sounds terrible for you. Although, I just think it´s you that have a problem. I have been to the Philippines many times and are very happy with the food. Also I do not se bad culture or more poor people than in Thailand. 

And then you formulate yourself in such bad way. Horrible, actually. Listen to this: Are Philippine people unfortunate for having a bad food cuisine and being poor. What a strange question! Not that it´s any truth in it, but would you think somebody consider themselves lucky for such things and circumstances?

• Like 2

My guess is this OP is a troll.  Terrible spelling (for one, it's Filipino not philippino) but then again maybe the elitist school you attended, with your "western superiority", didn't enforce spelling.  Instead of "critisising" (your word not mine) about the food and people, you should complain to your boss to give you a raise since you live in such horrible conditions.....at 30x the minimum salary of a Filipino, that would put you at approx. $76,000+ (USD) per year.  How can you survive on such meager wages? 

• Haha 1

In Barrio Barretto (Subic Bay) a place called Mangoes has a fantastic Tuna steak dinner., 2 yrs ago it was 500 peso so 330 thb. The Office has monster tacos, a place with good pizzas. Cheap Charlie's has beer for 50 peso. Alcohol is certainly cheaper in PI.

I've never had or seen kids begging for money in Thailand but they do in PI. Ladies in Thailand don't really care so much about leaving but the Filipinas would love to be taken to San Diego. They all gor relatives somewhere in the US.