Covid Recovery Certificate.

I have had my Thai Pass issued and had covid a couple of weeks ago. I have had a Covid Recovery Certificate issued by a doctor and wonder what happens when I arrive at the hotel.

Do I give them the recovery certificate at the time of the pcr test? I wonder how they react to a recovery certificate and then maybe testing positive due to the fact you are advised not to take a pcr test within 90 days of being positive due to remenants of the old infection still being detectable.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Presumably with this certificate, there’s less chance of being ‘sectioned’ and pumped full of drugs?… more chance in being able to quarantine in hotel - should one test positive?

Thd whole point of a Covid Recovery Certificate is that if your RT-PCR test comes back positive you do not have to quarantene as it is possible to still return a positive test within a 90 day period of having covid.

36 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Though they could argue that you have become re infected and put you away anyway. I wouldn’t put anything past the system that is currently in place. That all encompassing insurance sounds the way to go.  

Have you travelled much since november?

there is no any insurance covering hospitel. Each insurance covers hospital. 
There is no definition of reinfection within 90 days for travel purpose. Passenger is fully covered.
Ideally they should scrap pcr and hotel for arrivals with recovery. Possibly it would be one of the stages before July full opening

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Though they could argue that you have become re infected and put you away anyway. I wouldn’t put anything past the system that is currently in place. That all encompassing insurance sounds the way to go.  

I have travelled several times over the last 2 years qnd I have fully comprenensive Covid-19 insurance which covers me for asymptomatic aswell.

It was ฿ 23.500 for 1 year. The first year I had it it was closer to ฿26.000

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

Have you travelled much since november?

there is no any insurance covering hospitel. Each insurance covers hospital. 
There is no definition of reinfection within 90 days for travel purpose. Passenger is fully covered.
Ideally they should scrap pcr and hotel for arrivals with recovery. Possibly it would be one of the stages before July full opening

Actually there are a number of reports about this situation. The certificate is used to support you if you show a positive PCR test result after arrival.  Its up to the doctor\health facility to determine if you quarantine or are released. They review the PCR test result to see if you return a low CT threshold result or a high CT result. A low CT result indicates a probable reinfection  and a high CT result implies its just residual from your past infection.  A probably reinvention result will probably send you to quarantine.  You also need to bring a copy of your positive test result that the recovery cert was issued for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mlkik said:

I have travelled several times over the last 2 years qnd I have fully comprenensive Covid-19 insurance which covers me for asymptomatic aswell.

It was ฿ 23.500 for 1 year. The first year I had it it was closer to ฿26.000

Can you tell us the name of the insurance company ? I would hope that a cover time of say 1 month would suffice for one off entries , via the Thai Pass rules , and then the insurance premiums should be greatly reduced 

21 minutes ago, superal said:

Can you tell us the name of the insurance company ? I would hope that a cover time of say 1 month would suffice for one off entries , via the Thai Pass rules , and then the insurance premiums should be greatly reduced 

TIP INSURE and it is a 12 month policy.

Co-Insurance Panel 1. Dhipaya Insurance Plc. 5. The Viriyah Insurance Plc. 9. The Falcon Insurance Plc. 13. Chubb Samaggi Insurance Plc. 2. Bangkok Insurance Plc. 6. Syn Mun Kong Insurance Plc. 10. The Navakij Insurance Plc. 14. Bangkok Life Assurance Plc. 3. Pacific Cross Health Insurance Plc. 7. Southeast Insurance Plc. 11. Thaivivat Insurance Plc. 15. Ocean Life Insurance Plc. 4. Muang Thai Insurance Plc. 8. Asia Insurance 1950 Plc. 12. Mittare Insurance Plc. 16. Muang Thai Life Assurance Plc. 

My policy was issued by Dhipaya Insurance Plc on behalf of the Co- Insurance panel.

Edited by mlkik
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I can imagine trying to put your case against the Thai authorities if testing positive but in possession of a recovery cert . In my experience Thais are always right and your plea will be lost in translation or lack of English speaking testing clinicians . A fully comprehensive insurance is the only "get out of jail card " that can also give you confidence of not getting hit with a huge hospital bill or maybe just wait till July when the Thai Pass will cease .  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, superal said:

I can imagine trying to put your case against the Thai authorities if testing positive but in possession of a recovery cert . In my experience Thais are always right and your plea will be lost in translation or lack of English speaking testing clinicians . A fully comprehensive insurance is the only "get out of jail card " that can also give you confidence of not getting hit with a huge hospital bill or maybe just wait till July when the Thai Pass will cease .  

I live in Thailand and have just been visiting my Mother in the UK so will be returning as planned.

I speak Thai and always converse in Thai when in Thailand so not worried about anything being lost in translation.

I am just interested if anyone else has used a Covid Recovery Certificate. I have Insurance that is purely a Covid-19 insurance but if I am recovered from Covid do not want to or expect to have to use it.

Edited by mlkik
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mlkik said:

I live in Thailand and have just been visiting my Mother in the UK so will be returning as planned.

I speak Thai and always converse in Thai when in Thailand so not worried about anything being lost in translation.

I am just interested if anyone else has used a Covid Recovery Certificate. I have Insurance that is purely a Covid-19 insurance but if I am recovered from Covid do not want to or expect to have to use it.

I am also a long stayer in Thailand but now in the UK for a few reasons and will return to Thailand soon , on a re entry permit . I can speak some Thai but most of the Thais not understand me . Have you checked to see if your insurance covers asymptomatic cases? Those ins companies you listed in your previous post are doubtful , however take a look at the following link that opens Pandoras box

https://royalvacationdmc.com/blog/thailand-covid-insurance-asymptomatic-coverage-details/

I think that as is in my case,an ins company based in your native country would make more sense and give clear answers to the asymptomatic covid  scenario 

4 hours ago, superal said:

I am also a long stayer in Thailand but now in the UK for a few reasons and will return to Thailand soon , on a re entry permit . I can speak some Thai but most of the Thais not understand me . Have you checked to see if your insurance covers asymptomatic cases? Those ins companies you listed in your previous post are doubtful , however take a look at the following link that opens Pandoras box

https://royalvacationdmc.com/blog/thailand-covid-insurance-asymptomatic-coverage-details/

I think that as is in my case,an ins company based in your native country would make more sense and give clear answers to the asymptomatic covid  scenario 

My policy covers asymptomatic. After Thailand first lockdown the only policies available that would allow you in had to be.

That is why my policy was very expensive.

As far as Royal vacation are concerned they are a very over priced travel agent. I know from experience as last October did Phuket Sandbox with them.

• Thanks 1