Rayong police respond to social media - "duelling" pick-ups get clamped

webfact

3pm.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: You're in serious trouble

Map Ta Phut police in Rayong responded quickly after social media was full of pictures of two duelling pick-ups in the area.

One green one silver, the pick-ups had been filmed revving their steeds ahead of an anticipated race, reported Daily News.

The drivers were barely 20 years old.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Now they have returned to their souped up vehicles for a surprise.

Clamps. 

According to the Map Ta Phut police Facebook page the owners will face numerous charges.

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

I love the way Thais love to promote their illegal activities on social media and are surprised when Plod shows up. But not only Thais. Look at the West Ham footballer and his brother who thought it was a great idea to kick a cat around the kitchen, film it and post it. Several weeks later, he's still being booed every time he touches the ball in a match.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I love the way Thais love to promote their illegal activities on social media and are surprised when Plod shows up. But not only Thais. Look at the West Ham footballer and his brother who thought it was a great idea to kick a cat around the kitchen, film it and post it. Several weeks later, he's still being booed every time he touches the ball in a match.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is a 'Plod'?

On 4/4/2022 at 7:17 PM, billd766 said:

I don't think that it is the exhaust fumes that are the problem. IMO the drivers/owners have had the fuel injection "chipped" to produce more power. A by product of that is the smoke which is actually unburnt diesel.

There are several people around here in rural Kamphaeng Phet who have done the same thing.

They have had the suspension lowered, the computer "chipped", smaller and wider wheels fitted in the belief that both they and their pickups look "cool" in front of their mates and girls.

....and yet live in a tin shed??? Mental.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 7:38 PM, Peterphuket said:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is a 'Plod'?

Plod is a 16th century verb meaning to walk slowly and one of Enid Blyton's character was a policeman named PC Plod who was named after this action.....and the name stuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that it is the exhaust fumes that are the problem. IMO the drivers/owners have had the fuel injection "chipped" to produce more power. A by product of that is the smoke which is actually unburnt diesel.

There are several people around here in rural Kamphaeng Phet who have done the same thing.

They have had the suspension lowered, the computer "chipped", smaller and wider wheels fitted in the belief that both they and their pickups look "cool" in front of their mates and girls.

Not to mention the aftermarket dump valves that make whistling or other noises between gear-changes.

Or those worthless, locally made metal bars that they think will stiffen the chassis even though they often have angles welded in, rendering them useless.

These are kinds of vehicles I thoroughly enjoy seeing in my rear-view.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

And they also have the mistaken belief that they will now handle like a sports car!