What Country Do You Prefer To Get Thai Visa At Embassy?

I need to leave Thailand and obtain a visa from a Thai embassy or consulate and not sure which one is better and offers better service. My friend went to the Philippines but he said the Thai consulate there was not helpful and demanded many requirements before granting a visa. He said in the Philippines they insisted on a printout of a bank statement and later was told a cashiers check for 500 USD would be accepted. A letter addressed to the consulate was needed for the person to explain why they wanted to go to Thailand. A confirmed paid in advance Thailand hotel reservation and proof of payment. An onward ticket leaving Thailand and there is some uncertainty knowing the philippines if they allow a ticket leaving Thailand going anywhere or if they insist on a return ticket to the country the person is from.

So, what I am trying to ask is if you get better service at one embassy as opposed to another? Is Cambodia good? Is Laos better or worse to process a thai visa and allow longer stay?

Thanks

Bruma is worst - Cambodia next - Manila next. Others will try to be helpful. Laos, Malaysia and Singapore are the most popular for tourist visas.

I have been Singapore about 8 times now.

It's worth going to Singapore just to pickup a few bottles of wine... or 3 or 4...

Never been to any others nor want to. Like they say when you've had the best forget the rest. :o Book ahead and get cheap seats.

If you get the airasia 7am (carry on only) then taxi S$18 to Embassy before 11.30am stay one night & collect passport next day 2pm.

What kind of visa are you looking for? Tourist Visa, Laos was always good to me. Singapore has always had good reviews as Lindsay says. B visa? Go Home! Never had a problem with my B visa at home, wouldn't try anywhere else. Only two visas I know anything useful about.

I need to leave Thailand and obtain a visa from a Thai embassy or consulate and not sure which one is better and offers better service. My friend went to the Philippines but he said the Thai consulate there was not helpful and demanded many requirements before granting a visa. He said in the Philippines they insisted on a printout of a bank statement and later was told a cashiers check for 500 USD would be accepted. A letter addressed to the consulate was needed for the person to explain why they wanted to go to Thailand. A confirmed paid in advance Thailand hotel reservation and proof of payment. An onward ticket leaving Thailand and there is some uncertainty knowing the philippines if they allow a ticket leaving Thailand going anywhere or if they insist on a return ticket to the country the person is from.

So, what I am trying to ask is if you get better service at one embassy as opposed to another? Is Cambodia good? Is Laos better or worse to process a thai visa and allow longer stay?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur has my Vote.. Did 2 "B"s & an "O" there so far in 2007. If you book early enough you can get a cheap flight from Air Asia. Drop off your passport one day & pick it up the next. Just get to the Embassy early for the Drop-Off (Doors open at 9:30, but they start to line up at 8am.) Also be sure to have the usual required documents. Otherwise, no hassle, plus KL is a great little town... No Pollution (as compared to Bkk), No Traffic, great public transportaion, food and shopping. Only downner are the Taxi's.. small, uncomfortable and some of the drivers are bigger crooks then Bkk drivers... and more independenrt about taking you.

CS

What kind of visa are you looking for? Tourist Visa, Laos was always good to me. Singapore has always had good reviews as Lindsay says. B visa? Go Home! Never had a problem with my B visa at home, wouldn't try anywhere else. Only two visas I know anything useful about.

I am a tourist and want to stay as long as possible. I was told a 60 day visa was maximum. So, the kind of visa I am guessing is tourist. Not trying to be wiseguy, I am so confused with the visas I will take anything they call it and gets me past the airport police

I am a tourist and want to stay as long as possible. I was told a 60 day visa was maximum. So, the kind of visa I am guessing is tourist. Not trying to be wiseguy, I am so confused with the visas I will take anything they call it and gets me past the airport police

Okay, so tourist visa, then. Vientiane is IMO, easy and cheap. Overnight train to Nong Kai. Tuk Tuk to the bridge, Laos Visa on arrival. Alternately, NokAir has a morning flight to Udon, then a minibus from there to the border. Thai consulate before noon. Stay overnight, pick up your Visa. Do everythng in reverse. Overnight, make sure you have some croissants, coffee, bread, anything else the Frogs do well, since Laos still has great stuff like that left over from French days.

There are plenty of posts on the Vientiane run to give you prices etc., I haven't done it in 2 years (i'm on B visa now), but friends say it's still easy peasy.

I received my Multiple entry "O" visa in Seoul yesterday. Very easy, in fact no one else was in the consular section, just 2 staff members. They asked for the wedding certificate, my wifes ID card and passport but no request for financial information.

Thanks

...and then when you've gone about providing this pile of documentation, they still might refuse you a visa. I have no idea what they do in that embassy or why it even exists, but it certainly is not giving out tourist visas.

Penang has to get the #1 vote for the most convenient and easiest place to obtain a tourist visa.

Edited by tropo

i've got mine (thanks to sunbelt) from houston. i travelled anyway to san francisco and sent all my documents to the embassy in houston. in 48 (!) hours, i had all my documents back and have now a 1 year non-b multiple entry. the best is: i've got 1 year to activate it.

superb!

There really is no such thing as "activating it". You have one year from issue date to enter and receive 90 days permitted to stay time in Thailand. You can do that any number of times until the visa expiration date (one year from issue date) - but you will never receive more than a 90 day permitted to stay stamp from such a visa entry and you do not obtain more time by not making your first entry until later.

i've got mine (thanks to sunbelt) from houston. i travelled anyway to san francisco and sent all my documents to the embassy in houston. in 48 (!) hours, i had all my documents back and have now a 1 year non-b multiple entry. the best is: i've got 1 year to activate it.

superb!

Frankee,

What were 'all the documents' that you required for this Non-Imm B multi that you just received? I will get a TR 90-day multi on my next Singapore stopover but would like to get the same as yours on my next Houston visit.

With regard to the OP, I have only applied for a TR in Houston once before. Walk-in on a Tuesday and a double-entry TR was available for collection the next day. Really good.

Thanks,

"Okay, so tourist visa, then. Vientiane is IMO, easy and cheap. Overnight train to Nong Kai. Tuk Tuk to the bridge"

Now no need to take tuk-yuk to the boarder -- U can take a bus directly from the main bus station, hassle free, fixed price, aircon. I dont remember the schedule cos i was there over a year ago, but direct from Nong Kai to Vientane without the hassles

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur has my Vote.. Did 2 "B"s & an "O" there so far in 2007. If you book early enough you can get a cheap flight from Air Asia. Drop off your passport one day & pick it up the next. Just get to the Embassy early for the Drop-Off (Doors open at 9:30, but they start to line up at 8am.) Also be sure to have the usual required documents. Otherwise, no hassle, plus KL is a great little town... No Pollution (as compared to Bkk), No Traffic, great public transportaion, food and shopping. Only downner are the Taxi's.. small, uncomfortable and some of the drivers are bigger crooks then Bkk drivers... and more independenrt about taking you.

CS

What documents did you have to provide for the b visa in KL ? I have been getting mine in Penang. 1 year multi entry "B" that is.

What documents did you have to provide for the b visa in KL ? I have been getting mine in Penang. 1 year multi entry "B" that is.

When did you last get a one year multi B in Penang?

Several members have been asking if they are currently available in Penang.

i have been to malay and lao for tourist visa and know them to be dirt easy. now i want to try a visit to burma and get a new tourist visa there. but from many posts i see that they are ranked at the bottom of the list in terms of being able to rely on actually getting a new tourist visa.

should i not make a trip to burma with the expectation of getting a new tourist visa? is it really that bad? or it it just bad for back packers coming through from india and nepal? i'm old enough to look and be respectable, but my passport is full of VOAs and tourist visas for thailand.

need to make a decision within a few days. thanks.

Non-imm B One Year, Now possible in Penang

I have seen another report in this forum that a different TV member received a similar email but I have not yet heard of anyone testing this news out.

JxP

I got mine in Sep of last year. thais visa said they stopped and now says they have started back up again.

I would rather go to KL since there are more flights in and out. When i go to Penang I get there too late to get the visa so I have to spend 2 nights

Allright I have been to many consulates and embasseys in the past . Vientianne , Penang , Kota Bahru , Kuala Lumpur, Phnom Penh , Singapore , Jakarta and Amsterdam .

The most easiest is by far my home country (non O). In SEA I think that KL is the best option .

I do not like Sing to much to visit but exellent embassey though .At PP I got a double tourist visa (but 7 years ago) is not an option anymore . For now I am interesting to go to Bali and / or India .

Heared some very goor reports over there and are at the same time very interesting places to visit .

I am going for one of them next year and will tell my travel related story when coming back .

All embassies apply the same rules however embassies closer to Thailand look closely for those seeking to use visas for illicit means. It may mean a little extra inconvienience for some of us but it weeds out the trouble makers and illegal workers who ruin things for all of us.