Non o E - Visa

Hi

I am in the process  of applying  for a non o E-Visa online from London as I'm a UK national 

I have had non o visas in the past but this is 1st time with the e-visa I have noticed a part on the application about having to show £10k in a bank account ( see attached  )in my name I have already got wage slips that show a very good wage but don't  have 10k lying doing nothing in my bank account , has any one who has done an e-visa come across  this & is it needed if you can show payslips from employment

It was never needed previously  only show bank statements  for a decent amount never as much as 10 grand

You help would be appreciated 

Screenshot_20220404-193945_Samsung Internet.jpg

Are you applying for a non-o visa for retirement? The 10k baht in the bank and the medical insurance is only required for the type of non-o visa. 

If on a state pension proof of your income from it can also be used.

Hi

It was for non o based on marriage  but then will change it to retirement  when I go to do the 1 year extension  just need the initial non o & this is what I encountered  on the application  , im 50 yrs old & not retired  yet

On 4/5/2022 at 7:29 AM, thaiscot said:

It was for non o based on marriage  but then will change it to retirement  when I go to do the 1 year extension  just need the initial non o & this is what I encountered  on the application  , im 50 yrs old & not retired  yet

Looking at again it appears the insurance is only the covid 19 insurance needed for entry to the country. The amount now is $20,000 not $100k.

On the embassy website the requirements do not mention a amount for the money in the bank when applying for a non-o based upon marriage.

image.png.0cf26c3c480aea50a124c9dc5bc83b9e.png

Source: https://thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa

Edited by ubonjoe
changed link in post

3 minutes ago, DomiCollins said:

I did it last month and I had to show this amount in my bank by providing a bank certificate. 
You can  borrow this amount to a friend or relative, ask the bank to issue the certificate and give it back to the lender. 

Unless things have changed the only financial criteria was that you to be in receipt of the U.K. State Pension, savings never part of the criteria.

Upon Joe that's not the same page that I get because  I have to use the evisa application  as I work on a ship 4 weks on 4 weeks off & need my passport  so cannot send my passport by post ( which this application  is asking to do ) .so evisa application  must be different  to the post one but can't see why you would need to show 10k in bank in one but not the other other than the fact TIT

On 4/5/2022 at 8:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

Looking at again it appears the insurance is only the covid 19 insurance needed for entry to the country. The amount now is $20,000 not $100k.

On the embassy website the requirements do not mention a amount for the money in the bank when applying for a non-o based upon marriage.

image.png.0cf26c3c480aea50a124c9dc5bc83b9e.png

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

11 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Upon Joe that's not the same page that I get because  I have to use the evisa application  as I work on a ship 4 weks on 4 weeks off & need my passport  so cannot send my passport by post ( which this application  is asking to do ) .so evisa application  must be different  to the post one but can't see why you would need to show 10k in bank in one but not the other other than the fact TIT

Not sure how that link showed up in my post. It fixed now.

This is the one pasted in. https://thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa