Lesbian Clubs, Bars, Etc. In Bangkok ?

amanda

Hello, all. I was wondering if I should be writing to the farang girls section or here but anyway here I am, writing here. Since it is my first post, let me introduce myself. I am Amanda from the U.K. I am 27. I am quite new here in Bangkok. I had received job offers from a few European countries (namely Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey and Spain) and was in the process of choosing one among them, when I received this offer from a school in Bangkok. The pay was only slightly higher than the highest-paying one among the others but realising that the cost of living here is much lower and also with my sudden desire to explore an Asian culture, I have decided to head for Thailand. Time will tell if I have made the right decision.

I want to ask you about the lesbian clubs, bars, etc in Bangkok. I am not really 'out' and I would find it awkward to ask people around me this question so here I am, asking it here. Thanks in advance.

Amanda

not sure, but if you find any let me know as i wanna go also. :o

are you lesbian and into women-only too? so am i! and i thought i was alone...

(i know, stupid response but i couldn't resist. hope you forgive me, amanda. i dont know of any lesbian clubs around, but i'm sure there's women into women to be found in many places).

I am not really 'out' and I would find it awkward to ask people around me this question so here I am, asking it here.

Hi Amanda,

It looks like you have chosen the right country to work in! Feel free to come 'out', as you see the audience here is very receptive towards your feelings ... :o

Dutchy

"Lesbian-friendly venues include China Journal (Thonglor);

Cool Bar (Viphavadi Rd); Imageries (Sukhumvit Soi 24)

long Oey, (Soi Aree); Vega (Sukhumvit Soi 39);

Warehouse (Prachachuen)."

courtesy:

http://www.groovymap.com/whatsonbkk/bangkok-gay.html

I looked up an old edition of Metro magazine (Aug. 2002) and found that their copy for Lesbian venues is the same as above - word for word! They do however give

Anjaree Group: Phra Nakorn (02 477 1776 fax 02 477 1776 [email protected])

Decade old lesbian organisation which runs effective campaigns, group socials, a newsletter and produces the new AN: Another Way Magazine - I hope it's still functioning.

Welcome to the forum amanda, feel free to post in the girls section anytime & don't worry about a few stupid comments, most of us are nice :D I'm afraid I don't know of any clubs or bars around bangkok but I'm sure you'll find them with a bit of help. There are a couple of girls posting on here who are actively "out" so hopefully they'll see your post & give you a few tips. :o

Wowpow's list seems quite long for Bangkok:

"Lesbian-friendly venues include China Journal (Thonglor);

Cool Bar (Viphavadi Rd); Imageries (Sukhumvit Soi 24)

long Oey, (Soi Aree); Vega (Sukhumvit Soi 39);

Warehouse (Prachachuen)."

The China Journal is owned by the same lady who owns Hair on Film next door. She gave up a law career to enter the hairdressing profession.

I used to have my hair cut there because there was the most most stunning woman I have ever seen working there (name witheld) and my hair got shorter and shorter as I tried to woo her. I spoke English, she spoke Thai but there was no spark, none at all.

OOOPS, that was when I found she hung the other way and the whole salon was staffed by lesbians.

Unrequited love...... :o

Good luck Amanda, once Thai women are experienced there is no going back for men, I wonder if the same holds true for ladies???? Let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

I nearly asked the same question in May, but for different reasons! I had just returned from a short trip to Bangkok, which I visit 5-6 times per year. (Next visits september and october). One evening, I suggested to my Thai girlfriend that we visit Patpong, an area I had not frequented for 7-8 years, now being a Nana Plaza regular. Whilst in the area, she asked if we could visit a gay club, off Suriwongse road, where a friend from her town worked as a waiter. Imagine my surprise, considering that the girls in Nana Plaza are no longer permitted to remove their tops whilst dancing, to see a show featuring full penetrative sex between men! It was my intention, as a joke, to take her to a lesbian bar, with a show, on my next visit, but these do not appear to exist, at least for the general public. However, having read about the lesbian bars mentioned above, I might give Imageries a try, as they have live music. Good luck with your search Amanda. I'll keep an eye on this forum for any updates. If anyone has any information about lesbian bars/clubs in Pattaya, I would be interested to know as I shall be spending a few days there on my next visit to Thailand.

Hey, Amanda. You can always go to the 2 famous gay bars of Silom Soi 4, namely the Balcony and the Telephone. At those 2 bars, there are usually some lesbian/bi girls, both farang and Thai. Well, the ratio of lesbians to gays at those bars is possibly about 1:50 but, hey, I don't know of any lesbian-only type of bars in Bangkok so that's the best suggestion I can give you :o

Regards,

Jem

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know much about the places that someone recommended to Amanda here, but, last year, a Thai lesbian friend of mine complained to me that there were no decent lesbian venues in Bangkok.

So for those entrepreneurs out there, opening up a lesbian bar/club in Bangkok might be a good idea. But of course it would make a lot of sense to have a proper 'door-policy' in order to restrict the number of 'lesbian-fantasizing guys', so that lesbians/bisexual women and their friends can relax and enjoy themselves in a decent atmosphere.

Regards,

Jem

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...