Maximum of 50,000 COVID-19 daily infections predicted after Songkran

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, malibukid said:

the vaccine should be made mandatory for everyone applying for a retirement extension.

including for thousands illegals crossing the borders of Laos, Burma and Cambodia.

After Son krang Thai Hospitals will be a real Chaos.

Edited by Tarteso

5 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Didn't they report appropriate a month ago that Thailand would stop publishing Covid figures from April onwards,,  or are the figures there to fear the population & so they can continue with the Emergency Decree...

Those numbers are indeed to fear the people to travel during Songkran, same as in 2020-21

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Ministry of Public Health has predicted that there will be a maximum average of 50,000 COVID-19 cases a day after the Songkran holidays next week, about 3,000 new cases of lung inflammation and 150 daily fatalities, if public cooperation in complying with safety measures remains at the present level.

Anutin got these numbers from a fortune teller or did he get them because of his medical skill?

Seems that this issue of the so called “ reopening “  seems to center around bars and  nightlife.  Which seems to be the main form of entertainment especially for many expats and tourists. I bet if the bar and nightlife situation got back to normal.  A lot of the issues some people have of “reopening “.would go away.  And tourism would increase.  
   As for Songkran.  It’s just another reason for many people  to booze it up and act stupid.

This is what Songkran means:

Songkran is the traditional Thai New Year festival since the former time. It is a celebration that embraces goodwill, love, compassion. and thankfulness, using water as the means of expression. The word Songkran derives from Sanskrit meaning to move or step forward.
It’s not supposed to be a drunk free for all. 

Now that the figure of 50,000 cases has been quoted they will stick to that as a maximum figure whatever the true number of cases that are positive.

This government have been manipulating the he number of cases reported since the outbreak of covid .

Presently the number of cases and daily fatalities are at a record high and the restrictions are being removed to appease the constant business lobby .

The 50,000/day COVID number implies a 100% positivity rate per my thinking, as they only do 50,000 tests per day.  Accordingly, any elevation of the reported numbers is politically motivated as they will have to increase the testing.  None of this really matters.  COVID is here and will find its way, even in lockdown China.  We only hope our bodies can withstand this dreadful disease.

22 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Seems that this issue of the so called “ reopening “  seems to center around bars and  nightlife.  Which seems to be the main form of entertainment especially for many expats and tourists. I bet if the bar and nightlife situation got back to normal.  A lot of the issues some people have of “reopening “.would go away.  And tourism would increase.  
   As for Songkran.  It’s just another reason for many people  to booze it up and act stupid.

Songkran is the traditional Thai New Year festival since the former time. It is a celebration that embraces goodwill, love, compassion. and thankfulness, using water as the means of expression. The word Songkran derives from Sanskrit meaning to move or step forward.

Most expats I know won't spend any more time in bars than they would anyway. Possibly less if they feel there's a chance of getting soaked on the way out or going home. 

• Like 1

Why predict a maximum? That's too easy. Just take any believable number and multiply by 2, and it's unlikely you'll ever be wrong. "We predicted 50K max, and the numbers did not exceed our prediction... see how smart we are?"

If you want to be bold, predict a MINIMUM. 

1 hour ago, swm59nj said:

You must also believe in the real story of Christmas lol!  I was just waiting for a silly post like yours.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

For the 69,999,750 others.

Ok. If you are willing to sacrifice 250 per day for the good of the remaining population, please name the 10 people in your friends and family that you would offer within those who die (you can volunteer yourself as well).

Please show some compassion and realize that these are loved ones who die and not just statistics.

11 hours ago, impulse said:

The fully vaccinated rate in Thailand is 72%, well above the US fully vaccinated rate of 66%. 

And nobody in the USA is going wanting for vaccines.  We can get them at almost any corner drug store, Walmart, etc.  That leads me to believe there's about 30% who just won't take the jab.

If anyone isn't vaccinated, it's generally because they have chosen not to be or not to make the effort.  I hope they're not expecting the entire economy to stay on hold for another year while they sit home and wait for it to come to them.

Thai Vaccine.jpg

The US is full of crazy right wingers that refuse vaccinations because "freedom". Its pretty sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, malibukid said:

the vaccine should be made mandatory for everyone applying for a retirement extension.

Let's go the whole hog, compulsory medical insurance for any foreigner, yearly medical. fitness tests. Anyone who fails gets booted out. Sounds fair? .................

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The scenario, as painted by the Public Health Ministry, is that, by April 19th, the number of new infections will surge to 50,000 a day and, in early May, the number of lung inflammation cases will be around 3,000 a day, with about 900 cases requiring ventilators, and the death toll will be around 150 per day.

While Anutin and Prayut enjoy the Songkran festival within the confines of their cotton wool existence I wonder if they've given any thoughts to what the effects of so many sick and dying might be to the employers who have to try and keep production within Thailands companies and offices at a normal level?

Nobody is going to convince anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated, or mask scofflaws to wear masks.

The best any of us can do is take sensible precautions to stay safe, without going overboard. I don't wear a mask on a golf course, not when there are 150 acres of free space surrounding me.

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will always be there.  I just ignore them, Darwin will do the sorting.

• Thanks 1

Masks.  A person commented that masks are like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.  Well, if that bug was riding on a tennis ball it would get stopped.  The tiny virus rides on water vapor and sneezes and these are what the masks stop. Both out and in, I suppose.  Refusing to wear one is asking for trouble and giving the gift of illness and possible death to others

2 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

Ok. If you are willing to sacrifice 250 per day for the good of the remaining population, please name the 10 people in your friends and family that you would offer within those who die

James

Richard

Earl

Jeremy

Chris

Lucy

Becky

Stuart 

Justin

And Pete.

5 hours ago, farangroby said:

Anutin got these numbers from a fortune teller or did he get them because of his medical skill?

Medical skill??????????  Engineering skill yes, but not medical skill. Besides, the unelected soldier posing as a PM only has Military Academy qualifications, where does that come in when trying to run a country??