Maximum of 50,000 COVID-19 daily infections predicted after Songkran

snoop1130

16 hours ago, mahtin said:

Did you look at these numbers?

This is a catastrophe. Total train wreck.

Get Anutin off the Magical Marijuana Mystery Tour and try to make the muppet understand that his platitudes will not stand up to  the reality.

But its a catastrophe that will happen anyway.  150 dead in a day or in 6 months is still 150 dead.  Covid cannot be stopped, it will rip through the population and hopefully, gradually burn itself out.  Even China with its draconian lockdowns is struggling. 

Those countries that have locked down hard find that the disease starts spreading again as soon as they open up. People are going to die and that's very sad but there is very little that can be done - life has to go on otherwise there will be deaths for other reasons. People have to eat.

Lockdowns did some good initially and probably saved lives until a vaccine could be found but they cannot go on forever. All that can be done now is to allow vaccines to do their job and hope that the range of new medicines help those who get Covid despite being vaccinated.

Edited by KhaoYai

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Anutin and a fair proportion of Thailand don't live in "reality".

Anutins focus is now on marijuana, for medicinal purposes and bringing extreme wealth to every household.

"extreme wealth to every household."

He says it will, but we should all know by now what to make of Anutin's statements!

It will be his household that becomes extremely wealthy - oh, hang  on, I forgot, his household is ALREADY exremely wealthy! OK, his household will become super magnificently wealthy! Better?

• Like 1

So pretty soon, the entire country will have Covid antibodies.  But the narrative will be kept alive with fear.  Most people will not be vulnerable, but they'll cower and obey their elites.

14 minutes ago, connda said:

So pretty soon, the entire country will have Covid antibodies.  But the narrative will be kept alive with fear.  Most people will not be vulnerable, but they'll cower and obey their elites.

Not there yet.... and it's going to take a whole lot more people getting seriously ill and dying of COVID before Thailand gets there following your approach.

"Catching up from this morning for the record -- new year-high numbers for serious COVID hospitalizations and intubations.

It's not "over" for the time being until the numbers in those two categories, along with COVID deaths, start and achieve a steady downward trend toward normalcy -- which shows no signs of happening thus far."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1256104-thailand-reports-25140-new-covid-19-cases-89-deaths-24854-recoveries/?do=findComment&comment=17294618

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Medical skill??????????  Engineering skill yes, but not medical skill. Besides, the unelected soldier posing as a PM only has Military Academy qualifications, where does that come in when trying to run a country??

You are becoming Prayut's biggest supporter. Section 158 of the 2017 Thai Constitution says that, as PM, you cannot serve more than two 4-year terms of office.

If he is unelected, then his legal brass can say that, while he has been in office since 2014, that was by appointment and not from an elected term. So he still would have 8 more years to go.

57 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

You are becoming Prayut's biggest supporter. Section 158 of the 2017 Thai Constitution says that, as PM, you cannot serve more than two 4-year terms of office.

If he is unelected, then his legal brass can say that, while he has been in office since 2014, that was by appointment and not from an elected term. So he still would have 8 more years to go.

Both him and his soldiers can do what they want, they have got the guns. Can you tell me any ordinary Thai person who put a cross next to his name to elect him? He is an unelected soldier posing as a PM. End of story.

9 hours ago, jippytum said:

Now that the figure of 50,000 cases has been quoted they will stick to that as a maximum figure whatever the true number of cases that are positive.

They might have to increase the testing, as their combined ATK + PCR daily tests are just over 50000 daily. Right now our national genius implies that the test positivity rate will near 100%.

In France during the Omicron onslaught they got a peak of 500000 positives out of 1.5 Million daily tests.

Anustin is just amazing.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

A lot of them are waiting for the next 10,000 page dump of the Pfizer documents, which seem to be painting a much different picture than the one we've been spoon fed.  For example, that natural immunity is as good or better than the jabs.  Meaning that 80.2 million Americans don't need the jab because they've recovered and have immunity.  They're not right wingers.  They're following the science.  Instead of the narrative.

I still don't understand why the Pfizer documents didn't make headline news worldwide. I wouldn't be surprised in over 90% of the global population have no idea they are even public. However, the findings certainly concerned leading UK cardiologist Dr. Aseem Malhotra and other respected medical experts. If I quote him, my response will probably get deleted, so I'll say no more.

But...

WHY DO OPPOSING OPINIONS GET CANCELED?

I've noticed several intelligent posters on this forum, and you know who they are by their articulate, detailed posts. But it seems that most of them decide to believe a certain way and won't be swayed come rain, come shine, come hell or high water. In fact, they're sometimes mildly aggressive if anyone dares to disagree with them. That probably means they're gentlemen of... how can I put it... ok, of a certain age.

I find this fascinating, considering their ability to collect scientific data and deliver it in non-doctor speak. You would think that such people would be open to all sides of a debate if only to prove the opposition wrong and win the counterargument.

Stubby 

Most people in Thailand do not get paid if they do not work, because of illness. I believe that there are far fewer

Thai people who will not get the vaccination compared to the USA and other countries where people can stay home

and still get their pay check.  My Thai family said that they waited in fear to get the better vaccines than the Chinese stuff, but there 

were a few that got it as a first shot, then got Pfizer or Moderna, when that vaccine arrived, and they did not 

say that they had gotten the Chinese blend.  I have some family members who did not get their vaccination in Canada, and they

were complaining that they were treated like lepers by even some of their friends. I told them not to visit me either. Even a couple of my former friends

did not get a jab, and they were upset that I unfriended them. I told them that there was a simple solution. I am

glad that the last 2 variants are not killing off as many people as the first 3 variants. Good Luck all of you. One of my

friends brought COVID home, and in 3 days the whole place, 8 people all tested positive, so Omicron or the newest

variant is very contagious.

15 hours ago, impulse said:

A lot of them are waiting for the next 10,000 page dump of the Pfizer documents, which seem to be painting a much different picture than the one we've been spoon fed.  For example, that natural immunity is as good or better than the jabs.  Meaning that 80.2 million Americans don't need the jab because they've recovered and have immunity.  They're not right wingers.  They're following the science.  Instead of the narrative.

But, does having had Delta provide any immunity against Omicron?

Will having had Omicron provide any immunity against the next strain?

Look no smilies, serious questions.

6 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Yes and yes.....but by immunity we mean one might still get infected, but symptoms would not be expected to be too bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DefaultName said:

3 of my 4 siblings were double jabbed and boosted, yet got Omicron.  I'm assuming Omicron because of timing and their minimal symptoms.  Same with Pelosi and many others.  Nobody's claiming that getting the disease offers 100% protection.  But it's at least as good as getting the jab.  And that's supported by the Pfizer documents that are coming out, only as a result of FOIA demands and court orders.

Getting back to the OP, there may be 50K cases after Songkran.  But doubtful.  And it's possible that may actually expedite getting Thailand through with Covid so they can open up and start raking in that sweaty tourist cash.  Fingers crossed that they're asymptomatic or mild cases.  They're coming whether Songkran is cancelled or not.  What isn't coming is tourists and their money.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:45 PM, Don Chance said:

Our statistics have always been a fabrication, by design or convenience. We limit testing, change the criteria to suit and by extension any reasonable person would conclude there is probably outright political intervention at a spreadsheet level.

The result is case numbers which has departed the model of every single other nation of earth. Amazing Thailand indeed.

10 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

Our statistics have always been a fabrication, by design or convenience. We limit testing, change the criteria to suit and by extension any reasonable person would conclude there is probably outright political intervention at a spreadsheet level.

The result is case numbers which has departed the model of every single other nation of earth. Amazing Thailand indeed.

I think you are mis-characterising the figures as a "fabrication". Like every other country, those numbers are a best guess using statistical regression. You should cite evidence for your claim that that Thailand has "departed the model of every single other nation of earth" otherwise you are trolling.