Maximum of 50,000 COVID-19 daily infections predicted after Songkran

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The US isn't the poster child for vaccinations. Australia is waay above that and so are most other developed countries. The international standard for opening up the country is 85% fully vaccinated. Thailand has a way to go to get there.

Thailand will never get to 85% at the current trajectory.  In that respect, it's a lot more similar to the USA than Aus. 

Edit:  And I'd add that the USA and Thailand are similar to each other, and very different than Aus when it comes to strong arming compliance.  I still contend that 30% won't take the jab voluntarily.  They will if they're forced...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thailand will never get to 85% at the current trajectory.  In that respect, it's a lot more similar to the USA than Aus. 

Edit:  And I'd add that the USA and Thailand are similar to each other, and very different than Aus when it comes to strong arming compliance.  I still contend that 30% won't take the jab voluntarily.  They will if they're forced...

Published: February 14, 2022

Our results demonstrated that 90.2% of the participants were either willing to vaccinate or were already vaccinated.

As vaccine hesitancy and refusal ratio were found to be substantially lower than in a previous study for Thailand and other countries, public authorities should poll the public to identify vaccine-hesitant populations and their reasoning and provide appropriate information directly to the general public.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/84271-analysis-of-peoples-attitude-toward-covid-19-vaccine-and-its-information-sources-in-thailand

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, impulse said:

Taking a survey and taking a jab are 2 different things.

On April 6, the vaccination rate was 72.1%  On March 6, it was 71.3%.  That's 0.8% for the month.  At that rate, it will take another 16 months to get to 85% fully vaccinated, but even that rate is decreasing.  It'll asymptotically approach some number and it'll be less than 85% fully vaccinated. 

They can't wait another 16 months to open up to tourism.

they are open for tourism.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Petey11 said:

Odds on they are running at 200k infections a day now. If they had a national surveillance program like the UK has with the ONS and college hospitals it would show a more accurate picture. UK reporting 30-40k a day, estimate from ONS surveillance is 4 million have covid at any one time at the moment in UK.

As for following Covid restrictions, just take a look at the bars in Pattaya, social distancing my a**e.

They believe that would make them look bad so they tell lies - it is not in their interest to tell the truth or so they believe  - lets get another budget going ............... I hope the west will question just like the thieves in Rusiian - where did you get this money from 

• Like 1

CYA numbers. Under those numbers and 'We did a good job' ; over those numbers and 'We told you so, we warned you'.  I personally don't believe that many will die of Omicron and there won't be that many catching real Covid-19. 

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Ministry of Public Health has predicted that there will be a maximum average of 50,000 COVID-19 cases a day after the Songkran holidays next week, about 3,000 new cases of lung inflammation and 150 daily fatalities, if public cooperation in complying with safety measures remains at the present level

Well that won't stop the mass exodus next week, as the populous always presume that it's someone else that will be infected and not themselves for traveling and spreading the virus.

8 hours ago, mahtin said:

Did you look at these numbers?

This is a catastrophe. Total train wreck.

Get Anutin off the Magical Marijuana Mystery Tour and try to make the muppet understand that his platitudes will not stand up to  the reality.

Anutin and a fair proportion of Thailand don't live in "reality".

Anutins focus is now on marijuana, for medicinal purposes and bringing extreme wealth to every household.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Same as now so no change

Why didn't they just stop Songkran this year? They had us going nowhere and doing nothing for months. So now they let Songkran out of the box and say it looks bad after Songkran Well it looks like its party time so suck it up.

• Like 2