Buying Travel Insurance of already in Thailand

I entered Thailand in December, and have now got Non O Visa; my Inbound Travel Insurance (AXA) will soon expire and they will not extend more than a few days. 
My first trip out of the Country will not be til July after I get the 12 month Retirement Extension. Can anyone please recommend a Company that will provide 90 day Travel Insurance for someone in Thailand 

Thanks you!

You cannot take out travel insurance when you're effectively on the same trip

(Well you can but it simply wont pay out on any subsequent claim)

I acknowledge your change of circumstamces but makes no difference as regards specifically travel insurance

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, treetops said:

Thanks Treetops, I appreciate your help, I checked both out. Would have been good, except with slight differences, they are eligible only if you are from UK/ Europe and under 65/69. 
(I’m Australian and 72)

54 minutes ago, Raaraab said:

Thanks Treetops, I appreciate your help, I checked both out. Would have been good, except with slight differences, they are eligible only if you are from UK/ Europe and under 65/69. 
(I’m Australian and 72)

A couple here that might suit then:

https://www.comparetravelinsurance.com.au/travel-insurance-tips/travel-insurance-already-overseas

and maybe here (I didn't look for age limits on this one):

https://www.comparethemarket.com.au/travel-insurance/already-overseas/

Edited by treetops

lol lol lol

I didnt have time to come back to the thread previously but seeing that treetops individual laughed thought I'd try out his "provider"

Exclusions galore and a premium for 1 month that is 3 times bigger than my annual cover unlimited trips (maximum 60 days individual)

Absolute waste of money and time @treetops as totally expected

As Bernard Trink would have said.....further words superfluous

Out.....

Edited by Chivas

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol lol lol

I didnt have time to come back to the thread previously but seeing that treetops individual laughed thought I'd try out his "provider"

Exclusions galore and a premium for 1 month that is 3 times bigger than my annual cover unlimited trips (maximum 60 days individual)

Absolute waste of money and time @treetops as totally expected

As Bernard Trink would have said.....further words superfluous

Out.....

A bit different from your earlier post where you said:

"You cannot take out travel insurance when you're effectively on the same trip

(Well you can but it simply wont pay out on any subsequent claim)"

Oops - was that the sound of a clanger I hear?

Availability was requested, not suitability or affordability which are unique to each individual, but nevertheless you crack on with your misinformation and let folk decide for themselves when it's countered with something factual.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:02 AM, Regyai said:

Thank you Regyai but unfortunately they exclude motorcycles/scooters 

On 4/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, treetops said:

A couple here that might suit then:

https://www.comparetravelinsurance.com.au/travel-insurance-tips/travel-insurance-already-overseas

and maybe here (I didn't look for age limits on this one):

https://www.comparethemarket.com.au/travel-insurance/already-overseas/

Thank you again Treetops. The first link led to 2 that provided cover. After checking them out I have gone with nib Travel Insurance. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Raaraab said:

Thank you again Treetops. The first link led to 2 that provided cover. After checking them out I have gone with nib Travel Insurance. 

Most of the Aussie travel insurance policies require that you you take them before leaving Australia. You can still buy online most of them, but if you need to use them your claim may be denied if they see your passport stamps.

I use Atlas Travel, Safetywing is pretty much the same, but the cover for 72 years old will be low.

You can check World Nomads, covid time they stopped issuing policies for Aussies, maybe they started issuing policies again.

5 hours ago, gearbox said:

Most of the Aussie travel insurance policies require that you you take them before leaving Australia. You can still buy online most of them, but if you need to use them your claim may be denied if they see your passport stamps.

I use Atlas Travel, Safetywing is pretty much the same, but the cover for 72 years old will be low.

You can check World Nomads, covid time they stopped issuing policies for Aussies, maybe they started issuing policies again.

Thanks for your concern, eligibility for cover was confirmed in writing by Customer Service. All that was mandatory was my journey began and will end in Australia. My provider is affiliated with World Nomads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just bought both WRLife for medical and from Bangkok Bank for accidents, just to be on the safe side.

Amazingly low rates, only about $150 per year for Bangkok Bank, and only $500 approx. annually for WRLife, which incidentally covers me in almost all countries in Asia for medical inpatient!

• Thumbs Up 1