Chinese tourists allegedly trying to drive home drunk attack and injure hotel worker who tried to stop them in Pattaya

webfact

10 hours ago, RocketDog said:

And the nanny state closes inexorably in to smother us. The next obvious step is to put alcohol breath sensors in every car. Bicycles, walkers, strollers next?

It's just a woeful trend that bodes ill for the future of liberty.

Thankfully I'll be gone before it gets too bad.

No need for sensors, cars will self-drive soon. 

With the full control that they will have over you, you wont be able to go anywhere in a vehicle without permission, or somewhere prohibited or with anyone they don't want in a vehicle.

Total control is what it's all about and it is coming. 

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

It is and will always be a tradeoff between personal freedom and social responsibility. I won't play the 'what about' game.

Those without social responsibility are the ones who drive whilst drunk and yelp about personal freedom. Drunks who drive are those are incapable of making rational decisions. so if there is a device which stops someone who is drunk from getting into and starting their car I am all for it. In fact the technology is probably already available stick your finger in a pulse oximeter like device and it will mesue you blood alcohol level or even a simple device that can analyse breath. Unfortunately it is those anti social and irresponsible fools which make it difficult for the rest of us. Analogy is that the draconian laws that apply to us all demanding a specific income and savings before you can bring a foreign wife to the UK were created because of the anti social and irresponsible  marriage brokers who offered money to poorer single people to marry a foreigner so they could gain entry to the UK, and vice versa for Thailand.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

No need for sensors, cars will self-drive soon. 

With the full control that they will have over you, you wont be able to go anywhere in a vehicle without permission, or somewhere prohibited or with anyone they don't want in a vehicle.

Total control is what it's all about and it is coming. 

Self Drive probably not going to happen my lifetime or yours.

Hey, who's gunna tell my car where to drive to if I am smashed (and correctly sitting in the passenger seat?, or comatose in the rear tray?)????????

12 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Self Drive probably not going to happen my lifetime or yours.

Hey, who's gunna tell my car where to drive to if I am smashed (and correctly sitting in the passenger seat?, or comatose in the rear tray?)????????

Push the big green HOME button!

• Haha 1