Some Resorts are starting to sell out for the Songkran break

webfact

IMG_20220417_144722.thumb.jpg.603e9b1e759f700e670cdbf960867956.jpg]

On 4/14/2022 at 8:20 AM, newnative said:

The Pattaya Beach hotels seem to be doing very well and it was nice to see lots of people on the beach yesterday late afternoon and into the evening.

This Dusit Thank parking lot is not at all full of cars like it was previously.  This was taken today, supposedly the peak songkran weekend, - not. And by the way have you realized that unlike all the other reports above , yours is as usual the only one talking numbers up.Basically conflating the pickup crowd with hotel occupancy

Edited by morrobay

37 minutes ago, morrobay said:

IMG_20220416_092849.thumb.jpg.3f6cad31c7e3209c23d943d61c94f458.jpgIMG_20220416_092243.thumb.jpg.13c45fe055108ea0762e4b271eed6d5e.jpg

Lots of day visitors along the beach especially the pickup crowd. But the North end is not that busy at all.  Dusit Thani, Ozo are very unoccupied compared to months ago.  So the middle upper classes are not in the North end at all.  Maybe staying in a 5 star and looking at this sh*tshow of a never ending jetty project has something to do with it:

It seemed to be quite busy this weekend.  Don't know about Ozo or Dusit but Holiday Inn, Mytt, A-01, Grande Centre Point, Cape Dara, Mercure, and many of the smaller boutique hotels looked to be doing a good business with the holidays.  I can see that construction project from my condo and it seems to be taking forever--whatever it is they are doing.

34 minutes ago, morrobay said:

IMG_20220417_144722.thumb.jpg.603e9b1e759f700e670cdbf960867956.jpg]

This Dusit Thank parking lot is not at all full of cars like it was previously.  This was taken today, supposedly the peak songkran weekend, - not. And by the way have you realized that unlike all the other reports above , yours is as usual the only one talking numbers up.Basically conflating the pickup crowd with hotel occupancy

I'm not sure today would be the 'peak' of the songkran holiday.  Some of the visitors that were here have left.   I actually live in north Pattaya--I can see the traffic on Beach Road--or the lack of it; I can see the people on the beach--or the lack of them; I can see when there are lots of lights on in the hotel rooms of many of the hotels--or few lights on, as has so often been the case these past two years with covid.   

By the way, that's not my headline saying some resorts are selling out for the songkran break.  That's someone else 'talking numbers'.  But, if some resorts are selling out for songkran it's likely other hotels, big and small, have done ok, too.