AIS Download query

wombat

my torrents that i d/l from iptorrents have all come up with a red arrow and are not d/l
my provider is AIS. 
i pay for unlimited internet.
i use my android phone as a modem.
why is this happening?

I guess your provider (AIS in this case) doesn't like you Torrenting anymore.

1 solution, go and find a VPN that allows Port Forwarding.

What you then do is:

1- Install the VPN providers app

2- Find the Port that it has opened for you

3- Set that port in the Torrent client!!

Or there is problem with AIS Internet????

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

IS this a new phenomenon?

That is to say, bittorrent worked previously, and then bang, it didn't?

Are you prepaid or postpaid?

Which exact data promotion are you using.

Nearly every "terms and conditions" I've seen, especially on the speed-capped/unlimited volume yearly SIMs, specifically mention the bit-torrent is not allowed.

Example: DTAC 4 Mbps unlimited: 

- Uses for BitTorrent, hotspot, commercial purposes or any use that affect the Internet efficiency in general are prohibited.

Use a Seedbox. It will process the Torrent using it's own bandwidth and then provide you with a secure link.

That means you don't have to leave your device on at all, other than when you are ready to download/view the media involved.

Hard to believe that people are still leaving their devices on all day and night in order to process Torrents. Primitivo!

• Like 1

You are not connecting to the tracker.

It's a bit hard to tell without knowing a bit of info - like as asked before, has this just happened? have you are is it possible to forward ports when using your phone as a hotspot?

I am not familiar with IPT, but you might want to post in the users forums or the help channel on IRC, sometimes a sysop will jump in and give you a hand and check things from his end.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:29 AM, mtls2005 said:

IS this a new phenomenon?

# yes

That is to say, bittorrent worked previously, and then bang, it didn't?

#yes

Are you prepaid or postpaid?
#prepaid

Which exact data promotion are you using.

# AIS 6 months prepaid  @ 180 baht per month..(ive renewed the same deal for the past 3 years)

Nearly every "terms and conditions" I've seen, especially on the speed-capped/unlimited volume yearly SIMs, specifically mention the bit-torrent is not allowed.

# I've never read the fine print

Example: DTAC 4 Mbps unlimited: 

- Uses for BitTorrent, hotspot, commercial purposes or any use that affect the Internet efficiency in general are prohibited.

22 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Use a Seedbox. It will process the Torrent using it's own bandwidth and then provide you with a secure link.

That means you don't have to leave your device on at all, other than when you are ready to download/view the media involved.

Hard to believe that people are still leaving their devices on all day and night in order to process Torrents. Primitivo!

dinosaur here says...ive never heard of them?

16 hours ago, recom273 said:

You are not connecting to the tracker.
#yes...refreshing the tracker button does nothing

It's a bit hard to tell without knowing a bit of info - like as asked before, has this just happened? have you are is it possible to forward ports when using your phone as a hotspot?

# Dinosaur says ..Mai  Kao Jai

1 hour ago, wombat said:

# AIS 6 months prepaid  @ 180 baht per month..(ive renewed the same deal for the past 3 years)

Which plan, exactly?

30 days? 180 days?

Capped or uncapped speed?

Limited or unlimited volume?

You use your phone as a hotspot (WiFi? Bluetooth" Wired via USB?) for another device (PC?).

You've been torrenting with this set up for three years?

What volume in GB do you DL and UL each day and month?

Maybe try a different open free torrent site for one item, just to see if that works and narrow it down to an IPT issue, or not?  

1 hour ago, wombat said:

# I've never read the fine print

Terms and Conditions
The add-on package can be used after an SMS confirmation message is received.

The remaining data allowance will not be valid after the promotion period.

Excess data usage from the package is calculated at the rate of the promotion used.

The service fee is exclusive of VAT.

The rights to use the service and the specified service fees are reserved for normal, domestic usage only.

In order to maintain service quality standard and to keep quality network experience for overall subscribers, the Company reserves the rights to manage the network as the Company deems appropriate including but not limited to limiting or decreasing network speed in case it is found that there is a large volume of continuous data transfer, use of BitTorrent, Internet sharing via Hotspot, downloading and/or uploading large files, usage for commercial purposes, or any usage which impacts or creates unfairness to other subscribers, or creates impediments to the network of the Company.

Edited by mtls2005

On 4/17/2022 at 9:42 AM, muratremix said:

Maybe don't seed any torrents on a mobile network where spectrum is limited?

I suspect that you need to maintain an acceptable/minimum ratio level with a private site like IPTorrents?

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Essentially a remote cloud-based PC running a BT client, then you download finished files via file transfer. These used to be more of a thing years ago.

I used a local thai seedbox service ~ 8 years ago. It was brilliant. But I really don't need it.

But if you are on a private service and require a ratio then a seedbox might be worthwhile.

There are introductory videos on Youtube which explain the components, and use.

https://seedbox.io/shared-seedbox/

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Here is an example that gives a good explanation of what is provided: https://filestream.me

You would download the Torrent file, for example: https://releases.ubuntu.com/21.10/ubuntu-21.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent or copy the Magnet link and enter that into the online interface. It then processes the Torrent for you in the Cloud. You can turn your device off completely if you want.

You will then be presented with a https 'normal' link to download/stream the media that has been uploaded to the Cloud for you.

That means you can view the content on any device, even though you may have initiated the Torrent processing on a specific mobile phone or PC. 

Edited by Bruno123

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Here is an example; as opposed to a recommendation: https://filestream.me

You would download the Torrent file, for example: https://releases.ubuntu.com/21.10/ubuntu-21.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent or copy the Magnet link and enter that into the online interface. It then processes the Torrent for you in the Cloud. You can turn your device off completely if you want.

You will then be presented with a https 'normal' link to download/stream the media that has been uploaded to the Cloud for you.

That means you can view the content on any device, even though you may have initiated the Torrent processing on a specific mobile phone or PC. 

Nice one

But the question will this also keep seeding the files. If Not then it's of NO use for the OP to keep in good standing on his torrent site. (think about HnR/Ratio)

Edited by MJCM

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Nice one

But the question will this also keep seeding the files. If Not then it's of NO use for the OP!

That's covered by me stating that it isn't a specific recommendation; rather that it provides a good explanation of what it offers.

Secondly the OP does not HAVE to utilise Private Trackers in order to access media and therefore there would be no need to keep seeding the files.

If the OP does want to Seed the files, there are Seedboxes that can accommodate that too..

image.png.f873f8c4ce3126e8f98b62820fbf2423.png

Edited by Bruno123

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But the question will this also keep seeding the files.

Yes.

The BT client is running on a remote PC with, well what used to be, a high-speed internet connection within a data center. It runs at whatever speed you purchased 100/250/500/1,000 Mbps 7x24/365, subject to any account volume limits.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes.

The BT client is running on a remote PC with, well what used to be, a high-speed internet connection within a data center. It runs at whatever speed you purchased 100/250/500/1,000 Mbps 7x24/365, subject to any account volume limits.

That doesn't mean that it will keep Seeding the file after it has been downloaded. That's a specific service.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

That's covered by me stating that it isn't a specific recommendation; rather that it provides a good explanation of what it offers.

Secondly the OP does not HAVE to utilise Private Trackers in order to access media and therefore there would be no need to keep seeding the files.

If the OP does want to Seed the files, there are Seedboxes that can accommodate that too..

image.png.f873f8c4ce3126e8f98b62820fbf2423.png

Thx,

but as the OP doesn't know what a Seedbox is, he might think that this is also one.

It might just confuse him!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

hahahahaaha

But the OP should know this (from iPtorrents faq)

If you plan on seeding them and not zapping them a new system has been created for 100% downloaded torrents, the system now adds a countdown timer of 336 hours to these torrents, once they have been seeded longer than 336 hours, even if you stop seeding they will NOT show as an H&R. The system now has a seed time expiry for individual torrents as well as H&R warnings.

336 hours seeded and the system sees this as enough, even for torrents that have uploaded 0KB in return.

So he has to seed his torrents a mini of 336 hours (which is 2 weeks) else he will done with a HnR!!

8 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

This reply has certainly confused me ???? They are both Seedboxes.

I am still talking about filestream.me

From the Faq

Filestream.me -> Faq ->What seed ratio do you provide?

What seed ratio do you provide?

We are not seeding service, we do not seed or otherwise share downloaded files. But if you are downloading popular torrents, we ensure that your seed ratio at least stays the same.

But can you explain this  from the Faq?

"if you are downloading popular torrents, we ensure that your seed ratio at least stays the same"

Edited by MJCM

32 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Nice one

But the question will this also keep seeding the files. If Not then it's of NO use for the OP to keep in good standing on his torrent site. (think about HnR/Ratio)

Of course it will keep on seeding, some providers have a maximum bandwidth (this excludes FTP transfers) but you have to be a pretty active seeder to pass that barrier - they all offer some kind autodownloader / RSS downloader, a sync client, and some offer media streaming services like plex or subsonic. 

I have a cheap semi with seedhost.eu - I pay 7 euros a month.

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

Of course it will keep on seeding, some providers have a maximum bandwidth (this excludes FTP transfers) but you have to be a pretty active seeder to pass that barrier - they all offer some kind autodownloader / RSS downloader, a sync client, and some offer media streaming services like plex or subsonic. 

I have a cheap semi with seedhost.eu - I pay 7 euros a month.

But my question was about filestream.me.

Which apparently doesn't seed.

11 minutes ago, MJCM said:

From the Faq

"if you are downloading popular torrents, we ensure that your seed ratio at least stays the same"

means they can roughly "guarantee" a 1:1 ratio on some popular files.

Of course popular files are going to get 1:1 - easily. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But my question was about filestream.me.

Which apparently doesn't seed.

Sorry, my bad - weird, its a cloud service that seeds your files but doesnt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, recom273 said:

means they can roughly "guarantee" a 1:1 ratio on some popular files.

Of course popular files are going to get 1:1 - easily. 

ahahaha thx. So still no good for the op with the 336 Hours seeding time!

So a real seedbox (seedhost.eu) is a good one for him and he can use FTP (Filezilla app) to download the files to his PC to watch them!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MJCM said:

hahahahaaha

But the OP should know this (from iPtorrents faq)

So he has to seed his torrents a mini of 336 hours (which is 2 weeks) else he will done with a HnR!!

Jeez - 336 hours HnR rule? Thats a bit excessive. 

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

ahahaha thx. So still no good for the op with the 336 Hours seeding time!

Why are you still going on about this when I have already stated that if Seeding is an issue that he can go with a service that offers a guarantee?

26 minutes ago, MJCM said:

From the Faq

No; since the service has nothing to do with me. ???? Best that they explain their policies.

Try to keep in mind that the OP is on a very limited mobile broadband connection and that he speaks of multiple Torrents not processing.

Do you think that he has been seeding all of his Torrents for a minimum of two weeks? That would involve his mobile phone being permanently tethered. Perhaps you should stop pretending to speak for the OP.

This looks 'interesting'

https://imgur.com/XY9djkv

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Try to keep in mind that the OP is on a very limited mobile broadband connection and that he speaks of multiple Torrents not processing.

Do you think that he has been seeding all of his Torrents for a minimum of two weeks?

Yeah if you are on Mobile and doing torrents not a real good combo.

I am mostly seeding from my House (Raspberry Pi) and I am also going through a VPN as my ISP doesn't want to give me a Public Ip address (CGNAT), but I have limited the up and download speed to 15Mb and I store the torrents on my NAS.  (My ISP hasn't complained yet but how would they know 555555)

Edited by MJCM
Forgot to Add: I am on 1000/500 Mb Fiber