Purpose in life

44 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Google is not the most trusted site in the world as I am sure you know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion despite some people disagreeing with it.

If you knew anything about the last 5 years you would know what was said.

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

It is if you are quoting Google as a reference. Anyway, you are entitled to think as you will just as I am entitled to think what I want.

Google is a search engine not a point of reference. All the search engines have it covered.

I will leave it there. Can't force somebody to think.

53 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Google is a search engine not a point of reference. All the search engines have it covered.

I will leave it there. Can't force somebody to think.

You have no idea how these things operate. One day hopefully you will have

Have any Joe Rogan fans here actually tried the mushroom coffee he's always shilling? How can I take advice from someone who's strongly urging me all the time to drink ground up mushrooms instead of a Starbucks?

4 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Have any Joe Rogan fans here actually tried the mushroom coffee he's always shilling? How can I take advice from someone who's strongly urging me all the time to drink ground up mushrooms instead of a Starbucks?

Really ... shroom coffee, non-trippy ?  That doesn't sound tasty at all.  Sales are probably up, wonder which company he has stock in, or a little in all of them.

• Like 1

The coffee has special nutrients in it to make me into a mixed martial arts star fighter.

The government is suppressing the benefits of mushroom-flavored coffee -2 of the best foods in food-dom, now ruined by combining.

And: Rogan's shirt always seems a little too tight. Say what you will about the fake black monk in Nong Khai, but he was always well turned out, his head buffed to a blinding sheen. Joe always looks like he slept in his clothes.

Edited by LaosLover

23 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

You have no idea what I'm referring to. Nothing to do with Google.

Hopefully one day you will catch on.

It is to do with Google despite what you think. Sure the powers that be put out information they want you to know but Google also restricts what you read if it doesnt comply with their narrative.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Nothing to do with Google.

You stick to your opinion and I will stick to what I know. I am not trying to convince you of anything. I couldnt careless what you think. It is your believe and you are entitled to it.

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

You stick to your opinion and I will stick to what I know. I am not trying to convince you of anything. I couldnt careless what you think. It is your believe and you are entitled to it.

Again nothing to do with Google.

Edited by Sparktrader

Watched a bit of Joe Rogen's standup. He had a funny bit about what if Harvey Weinstein was an old hag demanding you dine at the Y. But every single bit is just milked into oblivion.

For this partic flavor, I rate him a distant third behind Bill Burr (the least Delete-ative) and Louis CK (his whole act is one -and then his whole life became one).  

I prefer Chris Rock, who while not a patch on his former self, covers the same man/woman ground with more comedic outrage and less whining.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:49 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Google is not the most trusted site in the world as I am sure you know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion despite some people disagreeing with it.

Did you have a reference for that claim?  While short of libellous In some jurisdictions, you might be at risk in Thailand.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:20 AM, Photoguy21 said:

It is to do with Google despite what you think. Sure the powers that be put out information they want you to know but Google also restricts what you read if it doesnt comply with their narrative.

Wondering what you reckon as truth, since Google restrict and hide it for you and the world. 

You can find anything about everything in Google. The truth and the lies, and often twisted together so it fits the reader. But quality and trustable sources is quite easy to find. Sometimes the truth is hard to accept, but it's there, if you are not blinded by your own view, feeling, hunch and mislead to mistrust the truth. Blinded by colours, gold, myrra and smoke?

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Wondering what you reckon as truth, since Google restrict and hide it for you and the world. 

You can find anything about everything in Google. The truth and the lies, and often twisted together so it fits the reader. But quality and trustable sources is quite easy to find. Sometimes the truth is hard to accept, but it's there, if you are not blinded by your own view, feeling, hunch and mislead to mistrust the truth. Blinded by colours, gold, myrra and smoke?

So tell me how you find the truth?  Let’s say, on the one hand, the 1966 World Cup Final result? We all know the popular narrative, but what was the truth?  And why did the HK democracy protests die down so quickly?

For me, I check on Google, follow the suggested links if I trust them, follow the subsequent links, and invent my own truth based on what I’ve read, tinged by my own personal experience.  If your truth doesn’t measure up, you need to change the sources that you trust

12 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Did you have a reference for that claim?  While short of libellous In some jurisdictions, you might be at risk in Thailand.

There is a mass of evidence, like Google banning statements which are quotes from highly respected virologists. Do a search and you will find them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

You are right Google plays to a few people, few being relative of course. Exactly the truth can be found but I dont rely on Google to be the one that has it

Purpose? Meaning?

There is no actual purpose nor meaning to life. It simple is.

That being said, we have the ability to enjoy existence, so that becomes whatever purpose one needs. We make choices, or at least operate under the impression that we make choices (many scientists, perhaps most notably Robert Sapolsky of Stanford, argue 'free will' is an illusion).

I admit to being what many would call a 'simp'. I operate under the possible delusion that it is a good thing to try to make the lives better of people with whom I share time and space. I neither want nor expect anything in return. I have plenty of money, so don't need any payback. I have pretty much everything I want in this world, except the one thing no one can attain, which is more time. I don't even care if I get a 'thank you'. Doing something that benefits another is its own reward, at least for a true simp. I neither need nor want a god or gods, because they can provide nothing existence itself hasn't already provided better than any of the promises in the myths of religion/superstition could give. I would be bored silly with an eternity of perfection. I want challenges. I want to put my skills and talents, however lacking they might be, toward an endless series of problems, because that yields satisfaction. I don't mind being knocked down, because it feels so good to get back up and fight on.

Too much 'happiness', which is really just a dopamine surge, dulls the joy that happiness might bring. There must be down times, or at least neutral times, in order to allow the good times to be appreciated.

Life as it is is quite satisfying. If one is curious and naturally competitive, life never gets old; only we get old eventually. So if there is any purpose or meaning to existence, it is what each of us make of it. I was born of stardust and soon enough my atoms will go all entropy again, and this wonder of consciousness will simply no longer exist. Still, it was worth it, even knowing only nothingness awaits.

• Like 1